Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG2017 constant crashing
I have just experienced the application hang & crash issue I originally reported (although not sure this one is associated with the DLL issue above). I am running 2017 patch 2, and there do seem to be a load of events in the Application Event log. Here's the first 3:

############################################################################################

The program ASGRD.exe version 10.1.5713.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 1cd8
Start Time: 01d3892aae2adbf9
Termination Time: 412
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASG-Remote Desktop 2017\ASGRD.exe
Report Id: 4562160a-fadc-11e7-81f3-e006e6b64447

############################################################################################

An error occured on executing an sql statement
LogsGet

LogsGet
Transaction (Process ID 98) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

---------------------------

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryHasMoreRows(Boolean& moreRows)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryReadInternal(Boolean setTimeout, Boolean& more)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Read()
at CloudAdminDataAccess.SqlDataAccessor.LogsGet(LogTypes logType, Guid itemId, DateTime startDate, DateTime endDate, String itemName, String username, String computer)

LogsAdd

LogsAdd
There is already an open DataReader associated with this Command which must be closed first.

---------------------------

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ValidateConnectionForExecute(SqlCommand command)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.ValidateConnectionForExecute(String method, SqlCommand command)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ValidateCommand(String method, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at CloudAdminDataAccess.SqlDataAccessor.LogsAdd(LogItem logItem)
We have implemented some code for the next release (planned for next week) that should help us identify these calls / errors - it seems to be that 2 threads are trying to use a database connection - but the only background thread should be reading information for session information - but this make no sense - so currently unable to verify the position where the error occurred but hopefully better logs with the next release...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(17-01-2018, 09:48 AM)DevOma Wrote: We have implemented some code for the next release (planned for next week) that should help us identify these calls / errors - it seems to be that 2 threads are trying to use a database connection - but the only background thread should be reading information for session information - but this make no sense - so currently unable to verify the position where the error occurred but hopefully better logs with the next release...

I wondered whether these logs would be useful, as from my perspective this appeared to be more logging than the previous release, however thanks for the info - I will wait for the next release.
(17-01-2018, 11:29 AM)mkeeves Wrote:
(17-01-2018, 09:48 AM)DevOma Wrote: We have implemented some code for the next release (planned for next week) that should help us identify these calls / errors - it seems to be that 2 threads are trying to use a database connection - but the only background thread should be reading information for session information - but this make no sense - so currently unable to verify the position where the error occurred but hopefully better logs with the next release...

I wondered whether these logs would be useful, as from my perspective this appeared to be more logging than the previous release, however thanks for the info - I will wait for the next release.

I see ASG Remote Desktop 2018 has now been released - has this version got the improved logging? If so, then I will be happy to deploy this version to my user base.
We have some more users who complains about switching to offline mode although SQL server is available - and they figured out that they have both IPv4 and IPv6 running - that could be a problem - found an article from MS that SQL server can run into problems with this constellation - I don't know if that could be a problem in your environment too?

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums...baseengine

We have some more logging information implemented - and there will be some more in upcoming Patch - could be released tomorrow or perhaps on Monday.

Or do you have still problems with msmpeg2vdec.dll - we get the hint, that it might help to reference this dll in our application to avoid that this dll is unregistered from another app - but we didn't do that because I dodn't get any response in this thread where I asked for dump files. Give me a short update which problem currently your users have...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(01-02-2018, 10:03 AM)DevOma Wrote: We have some more users who complains about switching to offline mode although SQL server is available - and they figured out that they have both IPv4 and IPv6 running - that could be a problem - found an article from MS that SQL server can run into problems with this constellation - I don't know if that could be a problem in your environment too?

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums...baseengine

We have some more logging information implemented - and there will be some more in upcoming Patch - could be released tomorrow or perhaps on Monday.

Or do you have still problems with msmpeg2vdec.dll - we get the hint, that it might help to reference this dll in our application to avoid that this dll is unregistered from another app - but we didn't do that because I dodn't get any response in this thread where I asked for dump files. Give me a short update which problem currently your users have...

The problem for my users is application crashes, but I do not believe my issue is related to the dll issue. I can confirm that IPv6 is enabled on the clients, and also on the SQL server. Skimming through the articles, it looks like the IPv6 listener is configured within SQL also, so I will need to spend some more time to find out of this is the case within our environment.

Please do let me know when the newer version is released, and I will then get this version deployed.
Here it is :-)

http://forum.asg-rd.com/showthread.php?tid=10659
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(02-02-2018, 12:59 PM)DevOma Wrote: Here it is :-)

http://forum.asg-rd.com/showthread.php?tid=10659

I am running ASG 2018 patch 1. ASG has frozen up for me now, which means I'll have to foce it close and reopen. Let me know what information you require from logs.
Still msmpeg2vdec.dll? For crashes we do have more than the application event log...

If yes - we could try to make a private fix and bind this dll to the program - this was the idea from MS dev support... but we didn't want to try that in an official patch version
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
No, not for the dll issue - mine is general freezing when using the application.
Nothing in Windows Application Event Log?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver