Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error starting ASG-RD as admin - Error executing an sql statement - LogsAdd
Hi

We recently upgraded to ASG-RD 2017.
Lately I have started getting this error on my laptop when connecting as Admin.

[Image: idykj8.png]

It totally locks the ASG-RD since it constant pops up again when I click OK. 
So impossible to reset layout etc that I figured could have helped.

Any solution for this one? Reinstall software? None of the other admins gets the same, but they have had it in the past. Often solved by reboot.
Can you look into your windows application event log and post me the details of the error?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(09-10-2017, 09:55 AM)DevOma Wrote: Can you look into your windows application event log and post me the details of the error?

An error occured on executing an sql statement
LogsAdd

An error occured on executing an sql statement
LogsAdd
There is already an open DataReader associated with this Command which must be closed first.

---------------------------

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ValidateConnectionForExecute(SqlCommand command)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.ValidateConnectionForExecute(String method, SqlCommand command)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ValidateCommand(String method, Boolean async)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at CloudAdminDataAccess.SqlDataAccessor.LogsAdd(LogItem logItem)
Thanks - we had this 1 or 2 times in development environments but couldn't solve this - was mostly disappearing itself after some restarts (of the app) - but we are trying to find a solution for it asap

I don't know your environment - but if possible it could help to restart the SQL server - or at least set the database offline and online again to kill any open connection to your client...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(09-10-2017, 10:13 AM)DevOma Wrote: Thanks - we had this 1 or 2 times in development environments but couldn't solve this - was mostly disappearing itself after some restarts (of the app) - but we are trying to find a solution for it asap

I don't know your environment - but if possible it could help to restart the SQL server - or at least set the database offline and online again to kill any open connection to your client...

Thanks  Smile I will try to get that done. ASG-RD beeing used by 100+ users 24/7, so will be something that needs some planning. But I will get it done within the week and give feedback Smile
DevOma Wrote:Thanks - we had this 1 or 2 times in development environments but couldn't solve this - was mostly disappearing itself after some restarts (of the app) - but we are trying to find a solution for it asap

Hi.
As info, setting the database to offline and back to online solved it temporarely.
The same does a reboot of my computer usually.

However it just occured again now. Sitting on the train by 4G that dropped.
Could it be an error occuring if you drop connection while connecting/downloading the cached version of the ASG-RD DB?

Cause now even a reboot of my computer did not solve it. And I do not have the opportunity to take the database offline either, hehe.
Hallo Zusammen

Dieses Problem habe ich hier auch (RD 9.0.5385.0) aber nur bei langsamen Verbindungen. Könnte also auch ein Timingproblem sein.

Grüsse
Ludwig
Yeah, I can also confirm it got solved by it's own after x hours, cause when I tested again yesterday evening it worked. And I had not rebooted my computer again.
Most likely a thread beeing kept open towards the database that get's terminated after a while.