Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASGRD 2015 won't integrate applications on W10
Hi folks,

Please can you advise, I've got two computers running Windows 10 (64-bit) that have issues with ASGRD 2015. Both give an error on opening the application: "Error on restoring docking layout - Object reference not set to an instance of an object". You can OK this and open the application, and most things work, but any application which is set to integrate gives the error: "Application has exited or has no main window". And then the application does open, but in an external window.

I'm using 8.0.4189.0. I haven't been able to find a newer version of 2015 to download, only 2016/7.

Thanks,

Aled
To resolve the start problem you should try running "Tools=>Reset layout"

There is no newer version of 2015
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I've done that and reset the layout. This has resolve the docking error message on startup.

Unfortunately applications still do not integrate. Any ideas on this one? The fact that I've got it on two computers suggests it's not a computer issue.

Regards,

Aled
To try if it working in general - create notepad.exe as external app. Not all applications can be integrated - and Version 2015 is not officially supported on Win10
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(08-11-2017, 04:28 PM)DevOma Wrote: To try if it working in general - create notepad.exe as external app. Not all applications can be integrated - and Version 2015 is not officially supported on Win10

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry this is a bit delayed - I had to put looking at this on the back burner for a while.

I've tested notepad and that is able to integrate. Doing some more testing, powershell.exe and cmd can also integrate, as will Notepad++. MMC.exe however will not integrate, which is a shame as most of the tools I want to run within ASG are MMC-based.

Do you have any thoughts on what the difference is, and if there's anything that can be configured to resolve the issue?

I also appreciate that ASGRD2015 is not supported. I will start internal discussions about purchasing 2017. Do you know if the 2015 database can be migrated to work with 2017? Previously when we had 2012 we had to start again with a new database.

Thanks,

Aled
Sure the database can be migrated - also 2012 to 2015, 2016 or 2017 - but the step from 2012 to 2015 was to start a Migration tool - now if you connect the database will be checked and upgraded if necessary.

Perhaps you start MMC 64bit but version 2015 is only available in 32bit? You can download version 2017 and try it with the 64bit version of ASG-RD - or just try to run MMC /32 to start in 32bit mode
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thanks again Oliver.

This seems to have got to the root of the issue. I only get the "Application has exited" message when trying to integrate a 64-bit application in 32-bit ASGRD 2015. I've got a workaround now to run MMC with /32. This doesn't solve everything but it makes it much more useful for now while I cost up the upgrade to 2017.

Regards,

Aled