Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG-RD 2017 - Automatic Export on EXIT
Hi,
is still possbile to Automatic Export configuration on Application Exit?
I use ASG-RD 2017, on multiple PC (home, work) and I would like to always have all connection updated on all PC.
Many Thanks

Marco
If you use database mode you can activate that all data is written to a file when leaving the application - so if you return without connection to the database you can work with the offline copy and after you come back you can synchronize all changes to the database.

For file mode only you can use the settings-file on any removable device instead
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(07-12-2017, 09:16 AM)DevOma Wrote: If you use database mode you can activate that all data is written to a file when leaving the application - so if you return without connection to the database you can work with the offline copy and after you come back you can synchronize all changes to the database.

For file mode only you can use the settings-file on any removable device instead

Hi,
how can activate that all data are written to a file in Database mode? Is just what I need

Marco
Settings=>User specific=>Application=> Offline - Automatically save offline data when ending application in database mode

If you start next time without database connection the offline data will we used instead
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(08-12-2017, 09:22 AM)DevOma Wrote: Settings=>User specific=>Application=> Offline - Automatically save offline data when ending application in database mode

If you start next time without database connection the offline data will we used instead

Hi,
I tried offline, software ask me for running offline, but when I click Yes, software do not start and ask me again for offline, and go into an infinite loop:
I attach a screenshoot of message where i click yes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Did you check the option in Login Dialog to "Use offline data" - or did you try to login against the database first - both is working on my machines
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(08-12-2017, 03:34 PM)DevOma Wrote: Did you check the option in Login Dialog to "Use offline data" - or did you try to login against the database first - both is working on my machines

Hi,
I connect against database 1st time, then I shutdown ASG-RD, and then startup again, I check box to offline loginn, then appear me the sceenshoot I sent you, and pressing yes, I fall into an infinite loop.
Even if I press no, I remove the checkbox and try to login against Database, popup message loop still continue. I have to exit from application and login again.

Marco
Hi, I did more testing.
I created a new Database connection, and created a new database, and I login to database. I checked the option to have offline data, and closed ASGRD.
Then I login again against database, and closed ASGRD again.
Then I disconnected network cable and I tried to login, after the timeout, i fall into message box loop I mentioned in my last post.

Offline it work, if I use Windows autentication, but not if I use Internal User. With Internal user I got a loop with message box, but using windows I have different users on my PCs so I do not have all of my connection shared.

If it possible to use Internal User with Offline?

Please I nedd help.

Marco
We will check it with Internal user... might be a bug in this constellation
Regards/Gruss
Oliver