Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG-RD 2018 Randomly freezes
Question 
The application (not individual desktops) randomly freezes in win10 for several seconds, or until I click out of the app and then click back in.  This also occurred in 2017.  I also see frequent session disconnects that last 2 or 3 seconds.  This does not occur in the windows RDP client.  Extremely frustrating...I've tried reinstalling, switching from flatfile to database mode and upgrading to 2018 to no   avail.Sad
Ugh! I have exact same issue. It seems to freeze when a connection fails and just sits for ~10 seconds before responding! Very frustrating! Please fix!
I have uninstalled/reinstalled several times!
Could you please check the reconnect options in Settings=>Connection? Try without automatic reconnect...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(07-02-2018, 09:44 AM)DevOma Wrote: Could you please check the reconnect options in Settings=>Connection? Try without automatic reconnect...

Good morning,
That setting is/was set to "Retry connection if connection fails: never". So no change.
I have the same issue and have gone back to the prior version. With me though, the whole application just locks up and Windows crashes the entire thing. This isn't new, it's happened on older versions too, but it seems a lot more prevalent with the 2018 version. Going to either 64bit or 32bit doesn't seem to matter, but I am using 64bit now. I'll also add that I use dual monitors and moving the app from one monitor to the other seems to cause it to crash more often.

I literally couldn't work without ASD-RD and have been using this product for many years going back to VisionApp for I can't remember how long.
@Waynel - do you have any Windows Application Event Log Entry for the crash? Would like to see in which component the crash occurs...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I get the same issue. This is what shows up in my app log. I think we have about 20 licenses and it happens to all users who use the software, daily.

The program ASGRD.exe version 11.0.5924.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 43d4
Start Time: 01d3c3e68d0a96f9
Termination Time: 33
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASG-Remote Desktop 2018\ASGRD.exe
Report Id: d684960e-056c-41b2-9a52-f6303ab81a4c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: ASGRD.exe
P2: 11.0.5924.0
P3: 5ab36bef
P4: 7356
P5: 134217984
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9878.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9887.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER98B7.tmp.txt
\\?\C:\Users\dan.lebaron\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA460.tmp.appcompat.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_ASGRD.exe_9a76677d664457a046a659dc90a6bbed6b538b_8424bb25_4f1fa912

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: d684960e-056c-41b2-9a52-f6303ab81a4c
Report Status: 97
Hashed bucket:
Ok - would you support me to make a new Support Case at Microsoft - I think we will need some crash dump files - I will start with a new case and if somebody from Microsoft asks me for dump files I would give you instructions how to create them - is that ok for you?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(26-03-2018, 11:08 AM)DevOma Wrote: Ok - would you support me to make a new Support Case at Microsoft - I think we will need some crash dump files - I will start with a new case and if somebody from Microsoft asks me for dump files I would give you instructions how to create them - is that ok for you?

Could you ever fix this issue?
No - I never get dump files to analyze
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I've the same issue, but it never reconnects again - asg-rd keeps staying greyed out Sad
So your application freezes? Then you have to terminate it - and if you have activated "Save layout and connection list on every connect/disconnect" under Settings=>Application and activated to reconnect at startup of the application your sessions will be restored...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver