Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative Domain credentials
Hi everyone,

I've used Tools\Settings to specify under Environmnet alternative Domains that our Forest/Domain don't trust using an account that can read their AD/OU schema. No problems, it works fine and I can manually then import Computer Objects from their domains (I can't seem to get it to sync, it errors out), so for now import works OK.

Now when our support staff connects to those imported servers, they will not necessarily know that those server objects are from another domain.

I want to be able to supply just the DOMAIN part of the credentials and have the support person enter their user name and password. In other words I want to dump it down so the domain gets auto supplied, but I can't seem to get this right.

I've used credentials and created an account to prompt at each logon and by supplying the domain and a blank user and password - seems ASG ignores that totally at RDP logon.

I've thought about the variable %LocalUsername% but the problem is it literally uses the TEXT and does not resolve it as a variable, ie Domain\%LocalUsername% and not Domain\JonDoeUser.

Can this even be done in ASGRD2018 what I am proposing? One would think based on the server.domainsuffix that would indicate something in the program what domain it is from but it doesn't. And neither does using credentials work as I would expect it to (leaving username blank and just specific the domain).

Any ideas...?

Thanks

Werner

Messages In This Thread
Alternative Domain credentials - by wvanzyl - 21-06-2018, 10:28 PM
RE: Alternative Domain credentials - by wvanzyl - 22-06-2018, 03:22 PM