Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mouse pointer disappears when hovering over textbox
If I change the resolution I see some changes - if I use a low resolution on a 4k monitor I can see the cursor - but it is only the bottom line of the normal text cursor shape - as I switch back to high resolution I can see the original shape of the text cursor - so it's some kind of rendering problem - I think I have to ask Microsoft support... and will try to find settings that have perhaps some effects
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
The same issue is when using Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Manager - it seems to be a rendering issue in the rdp control - I have opened a support ticket at Microsoft and have to wait for an answer now...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(28-04-2017, 07:46 AM)DevOma Wrote: I have found a system where I think it is reproducible - but the mouse cursor is not really hidden, I can see at least a "one pixel cursor" - hard to see on high resolution but it is still there... can you confirm?

I can confirm this as well on a 4k display it is barely noticeable but there. This is only on the High res display.
It's very very very tiny on my 4K screen but when I try on my 1080p external monitor, I don't see anything at all.
(28-04-2017, 09:00 AM)DevOma Wrote: The same issue is when using Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Manager - it seems to be a rendering issue in the rdp control - I have opened a support ticket at Microsoft and have to wait for an answer now...

Hey Oliver,

Any updates?

Cheers

t
Hi,

my Microsoft dev support did see the issue, could reproduce and so he opened an official CASE this week - now it could take some days until it is reported to the product group and we get an answer - but I will post any progress here...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(05-05-2017, 07:54 AM)DevOma Wrote: Hi,

my Microsoft dev support did see the issue, could reproduce and so he opened an official CASE this week - now it could take some days until it is reported to the product group and we get an answer - but I will post any progress here...

Cool thank's Oliver!

t
Status update: The issue seems to occur only on systems with at least 2 monitors - and if scaling was updated (in my case if I use my notebook standalone instead of external monitor) - if you logoff you user (or reboot your system) the mouse cursor is displayed correctly. Only mstsc.exe has not the same issue and we (with MS Support) still trying to find out why...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(09-05-2017, 10:42 AM)DevOma Wrote: Status update: The issue seems to occur only on systems with at least 2 monitors - and if scaling was updated (in my case if I use my notebook standalone instead of external monitor) - if you logoff you user (or reboot your system) the mouse cursor is displayed correctly. Only mstsc.exe has not the same issue and we (with MS Support) still trying to find out why...

Hey Oliver

Any more movement on this? 

I live in two screens in ASG and this is definitely having a significant impact on my productivity...

t
It take some time - the support engineer has found some more details - it's planned that I get an update today...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(19-05-2017, 09:13 AM)DevOma Wrote: It take some time - the support engineer has found some more details - it's planned that I get an update today...

Hey Oliver,

Did you get that update back on the 19th?

t
I get an update end of last week - the Microsoft Support Engineer has some more details how to reproduce the issue - not only in RDP sessions and not only on second monitor - they will request a fix in Redmond.
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I am no longer using this software due to it crashing at every login to any OS server and I can't see my cursor when typing into a textbox.

Windows 10 Creators Update 1703 (15063.332) Latest patches
ASG-RD 2017 Patch 1

Let me know when you have a fix, until then this software is useless to me.
Another vendor has a possible workaround for the problem - here the steps you need to do...

- Navigate to the install directory of ASG-RemoteDesktop
- Right click -> Properties on the ASGRD.exe
- In the Compatibility tab select the “Override high DPI scaling behavior” checkbox.  Make sure “System” is selected.
- Launch the application and the cursor appears normal.
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
That workaround did not work for me.

I see exactly where the problem is though.

If you go to the Mouse properties then go to the pointers tab, take a look at the "Text Select" cursor. The actual cursor files beam_l.cur and beam_m.cur appear to not display properly. My workaround right now is to change the Text Select cursor to beam_r.cur
Neither of these work around's work for me...

t
The issue is reported and the PM's from the product group have a working repro - I wait for a new response when MS will fix this issue...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Update from MS - the issue is caused by a new (system) API that is currently undocumented! Seems that mstsc.exe is the only product that knows how to handle this new API - the documentation of this new API and official support will start with the next major upgrade of Windows 10 (Redstone 3) - this is planned for September 2017 - we do not get any more information about that API before the Release will be published!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi all,
looks so, that it is fixed with the Windows Updates from today...
:-)
(02-10-2017, 10:21 PM)Michael_B Wrote: Hi all,
looks so, that it is fixed with the Windows Updates from today...
:-)

Microsoft doesn't release patches on Monday. I am completely up to date and still have the issue.