Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
copying config file from 2012 to 2015
I just moved my config file from 2012 to 2015.
I did not find any easy way to do this. I don´t know if I missed something but I had to create a portable version, place it locally and then load that file into 2015.
If  this is the only way, maybe there should be some instructions on how to do this. I use a configuration file but it may be a different for those who use SQL servers for the connections.
Just create a new environment file and choose "File=>Upgrade from 2012" - then you can select your old file and it will be migrated... very easy and documented :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(11-07-2016, 10:28 AM)DevOma Wrote: Just create a new environment file and choose "File=>Upgrade from 2012" - then you can select your old file and it will be migrated... very easy and documented :-)

Thank you so much Smile
(11-07-2016, 12:09 PM)clientapplications Wrote:
(11-07-2016, 10:28 AM)DevOma Wrote: Just create a new environment file and choose "File=>Upgrade from 2012" - then you can select your old file and it will be migrated... very easy and documented :-)

Thank you so much Smile

Hey! Creating a new environment file requires the environment file to be accessible and it is not since it is located in the app-v bubble in ASG 2012. Any suggestions?
App-V-Bubble? I do not know how to handle this - perhaps you need to edit the file "manually" and add a new environment? But why it is not accessible? Same path as the standard xml file...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver