Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import existing PuTTY session settings
Good afternoon.

I am interested in using ASG Remote Desktop as a replacement for MRemoteNG. I like to be able to manage all of my remote sessions in one place so ASG Remote Desktop looks to fit the bill. However I need to be able to import my existing PuTTY sessions into the ASG Remote Desktop PuTTY installation. I have been a Linux Sysadmin for a number of years and have built up a large collection of sessions which are configured to suit my needs. Is there a way that I can import those session settings into ASG Remote Desktop.

Thanks

Alan
I think that mRemote also reads the registry for loading Putty sessions - so if you install ASG-RD on the same computer, same user you should be able to read all your sessions - ASG-RD also provides functions to import sessions from registry into the ASG-RD datasource - so your are able to export it again on another machine...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(23-07-2016, 01:44 PM)award Wrote: Good afternoon.

I am interested in using ASG Remote Desktop as a replacement for MRemoteNG. I like to be able to manage all of my remote sessions in one place so ASG Remote Desktop looks to fit the bill. However I need to be able to import my existing PuTTY sessions into the ASG Remote Desktop PuTTY installation. I have been a Linux Sysadmin for a number of years and have built up a large collection of sessions which are configured to suit my needs. Is there a way that I can import those session settings into ASG Remote Desktop.

Thanks

Alan

Thanks Oliver, I'll give it a try.

Alan
Oliver

I still haven't been able to use one of by existing PuTTY sessions from within ASG RD. If I run the version of PuTTY in the ASG RD directory then all of my saved sessions are available but not when I set an ssh connection in Remote Desktop.

Alan
You can start PuTTY inside ASG-RD - on SSH-configuration area of the Properties dialog - do you see your sessions? These sessions are all stored in the registry - and we also read the registry path - so they should be also in the combobox "session"...

The registry path is "Software\SimonTatham\PuTTY\Sessions" - one idea - perhaps Putty runs in 64bit mode if you start "directly" - and within ASGRD it will start in 32bit mode - for testing that just vreate one session within Putty started from ASGRD and check if this session is located in SysWow6432-registry hive - if yes, you need to copy your registry to have access from ASGRD
Regards/Gruss
Oliver