Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG RD 2015 protocol error 50331656 on Windows 10
I hope for feedback this week - I will ask my contact again :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
It seems like the update KB3189866 "Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1607" Released 13. September , again updates the mstscax.dll file to version 10.0.14393.187.

Will try to again rollback the file to a older version.
(16-09-2016, 09:37 AM)Blacksmit Wrote: It seems like the update KB3189866 "Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1607" Released 13. September , again updates the mstscax.dll file to version 10.0.14393.187.

Will try to again rollback the file to a older version.

Again replaced the file with a older version (Before Anniversary Update), now it works again.

Hope for a permanent fix soon, don't like to mess with system files..
Yes I know - perhaps we will receive a private fix - hope for final feedback soon
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(16-09-2016, 09:51 AM)DevOma Wrote: Yes I know - perhaps we will receive a private fix - hope for final feedback soon

Any update yet?  If needed I can open a support ticket with Microsoft via my corporate support agreement, this is impacting production support for my company.  If you're not getting a useful response from them please send me a private message to see if I can help get you in touch with someone.

Aaron
Thanks Aaron - we also have a developer support contract - and we received a private fix two days ago from rdp development team in Redmond - but without installer, only some files - it is working and the Microsoft development team now wants to decide how it will be deployed - by Microsoft Update or via private installer - we are waiting for an answer in the next days
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
And now I have the official statement from MS

A fix will be released on 28th October and will be available through Microsoft Update! The KB version we will get right after the internal testing process from MS is complete...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(22-09-2016, 09:12 AM)DevOma Wrote: And now I have the official statement from MS

A fix will be released on 28th October and will be available through Microsoft Update! The KB version we will get right after the internal testing process from MS is complete...

Do you know if this update will fix sometimes getting the same error when you are connecting to a load-balanced terminal server farm behind a 2012 R2 gateway, instead of a single host or it this fix just for older gateway server?
I don't know if there are other issues fixed with this - but I know that the bug currently is in the communication on client side with RD-Gateway - and this will be fixed... if we know the KB article I can post it here
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(22-09-2016, 03:59 PM)DevOma Wrote: I don't know if there are other issues fixed with this - but I know that the bug currently is in the communication on client side with RD-Gateway - and this will be fixed... if we know the KB article I can post it here

Just to confirm, the updates available today in Windows Update resolved this issue.  Here is what got installed:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3197954)

Aaron
Thanks for the very positive update Aaron ! :-)
best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
I believe this is happening again and hoping it is an MS fix.
I am using my laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise OS Build 15063.850 and ASG RD 2018 with Patch 1 (11.0.5876.0) Also happened without patch btw.
So I get an RDP protocol Error 50331656 for any server connection that uses a gateway. Any server not using a gateway works fine. I exported my settings and tried on a different machine with Windows 10 Pro 1709 Build 16229.192 and it works fine for any connection going through a gateway. So it may be some setting I am unaware of or a recent MS patch causing this!?! Any help appreciate!
You should try to update to the latest Win10 version - there was a bug in a previous build but I can't remember in which one - but with current version (16299.192) I can work with RD-Gateway without any problems
Regards/Gruss
Oliver