Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deploy ASG-RD 2016 Patch3 via SCCM with License?
I am packaging this for deployment via App Catalog of SCCM 2012. It isn't clear how to import the license for use with this app. Has anyone found how to do this?

I am not an SME for this app nor do use it. I have no access to setup a user environment but assume this would not be required for what I'm asking.

Thanks in advance.

Ver: 9.0.5312.1 (ASG-RD 2016 Patch3)

CustomerId 3093783827

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,

SCCM - so I think you are deploying clients for your users?! Do the users want to use ASG-RemoteDesktop in database mode (with one central database) or do everybody use it as "stand-alone" version with a local file?

In database mode you need only to import the license into the database.

In File mode you can store the license in registry if that helps

Here the section from the help:

How can be a license stored for all users who are using Terminal Server?

Users who are using a local data source (file) on a Terminal Server do not need to import the license in each data file. You can use a registry key instead to provide the license to all users. This works only for local mode because in database the license is stored itself. Just open the license file with a text editor and copy the whole content to the registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ASG\RemoteDesktop2015\License (32 bit systems)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\ASG\RemoteDesktop2015\License (64 bit systems)

The value can be stored as String or MultiString.
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(12-08-2016, 09:36 AM)DevOma Wrote: Hi,

SCCM - so I think you are deploying clients for your users?! Do the users want to use ASG-RemoteDesktop in database mode (with one central database) or do everybody use it as "stand-alone" version with a local file?

In database mode you need only to import the license into the database.

In File mode you can store the license in registry if that helps

Here the section from the help:

How can be a license stored for all users who are using Terminal Server?

Users who are using a local data source (file) on a Terminal Server do not need to import the license in each data file. You can use a registry key instead to provide the license to all users. This works only for local mode because in database the license is stored itself. Just open the license file with a text editor and copy the whole content to the registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ASG\RemoteDesktop2015\License (32 bit systems)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\ASG\RemoteDesktop2015\License (64 bit systems)

The value can be stored as String or MultiString.

ASG-RemoteDesktop 2017 v10.1.5630.1 apparently no longer stores the license information in the registry.  It stores the license information in %appdata%\ASG-RemoteDesktop\10.0\profile.xml.  How can the ASG Remote Desktop 2017 license be stored for all users who are using Terminal Server?
Are you using 32 or 64bit installation? If 64bit the registry path would be without Wow6432Node - and of course you should replace 2015 with 2017 in the registry path :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(16-06-2017, 10:30 AM)DevOma Wrote: Are you using 32 or 64bit installation? If 64bit the registry path would be without Wow6432Node - and of course you should replace 2015 with 2017 in the registry path :-)

ASG-RemoteDesktop 2017 v10.1.5630.1 apparently no longer stores the license information in the registry.  It stores the license information in %appdata%\ASG-RemoteDesktop\10.0\profile.xml.  How can the ASG Remote Desktop 2017 license be stored for all users who are using Terminal Server?
(16-06-2017, 10:30 AM)DevOma Wrote: Are you using 32 or 64bit installation? If 64bit the registry path would be without Wow6432Node - and of course you should replace 2015 with 2017 in the registry path :-)

Also, this guidance contradicts what the help file says.  it says the registry path including Wow6432Node is for 64-bit systems.  We had the registry based licensing working for version 2015 and 2016 but now its not working for version 2017.  We need more out of support than saying to view the help file.  Is there a bug with 2017?  Please look more closely at this issue and don't assume that the help file hasn't been consulted.
I tested myself and everything is working like in the versions before - but with 2017 Patch1 we have the first native 64bit system - and therefore you do not need the Wow6432Node in the registry (we have to add this to the help file)

The license is stored in profile.xml if the user imports it locally - but for TS you can still use the Registry to license all your users.
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
In our environment (WS2008R2, Citrix XenApp 6.5, ASG-RD 2017 Patch1) using the suggested registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ASG\RemoteDesktop2017\License did not work. However, the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ASG\RemoteDesktop2017_x64 key already existed so we added the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ASG\RemoteDesktop2017_x64\License value and pasted our license xml as MultiString data.

All users of the ASG-RD XenApp published application now utilize the license file.