Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Profile not availablefor all users - only one self
Hi

I'm in the process of migrating all of our ASG-2012 installations to ASG2016-Patch3.
On one of our terminal servers the new profile, that I create, does not show up for all users, only my self. The profile points to a database.

This is currently the only server/installation where this issue occurs and I need some help to identify the cause for this.

Is there some verbose logging that I can enable, to see why the profile is not being created at the correct location.

I'm logged in with an administrative account and I start ASG-2016 in non-elevated mode.

This is what happens when I create a new profile and "Show environment profile for all users" is ticked:

Folder created: C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\ASG-RemoteDesktop\9.0\
Files created: C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\ASG-RemoteDesktop\9.0\profile.xml

However I would expect a similar folder to be created at "C:\ProgramData\" as it does on my other servers.

If I rightclick->run as administrator on the non-elevated version of ASG, then the folder at C:\ProgramData\ is created. But when I run the non-elevated ASG as non-admin, then it says that no profile has been created.

The OS is Windows 2008 R2 as is my other servers, that are working fine, as well.

How can I troubleshoot this? Am I missing a prerequisite that I'm not aware of? UAC is the same on all servers.

Best regards
Jesper
Hi Jesper,

While creating a new environment profile you mean the option "STORE environmentprofile for all users" !? Because when I set this option then the "environemts.xml" ( C:\ProgramData\ASG-RemoteDesktop\9.0 ) will be modified to reflect the new environment, otherwise it wont. I'm not sure but while installing ASG-RD there should be also the question to install for all users or only this one... is that done correctly ?

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
Hi Michael

Thanks for your input.

As for the installation I went with the defaults, which is "Install for anyone using this computer".
I have attached a picture showing how my profile looks.

I have just tried uninstalling ASG2016 and made sure that the ASG-RemoteDesktop folder in the ProgramData and AppData folder was deleted.
Installed ASGRD 2016 and created a new profile (see the profile1.jpg) resulted in only the ASG-RemoteDesktop folder being created in the AppData folder, no folder was created in the ProgramData folder.

The newly created profile.xml in the AppData folder looks like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ProfileData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
 <LCID>1033</LCID>
 <ImageSize>16</ImageSize>
 <CurrentEnvironment>TEST</CurrentEnvironment>
 <LayoutDefinition />
 <ColorStyle>Office2010Silver</ColorStyle>
 <MainWindow>
   <LastState>Normal</LastState>
   <LastPositionX>0</LastPositionX>
   <LastPositionY>0</LastPositionY>
   <LastHeight>584</LastHeight>
   <LastWidth>935</LastWidth>
   <LastRestorePositionX>0</LastRestorePositionX>
   <LastRestorePositionY>0</LastRestorePositionY>
   <LastRestoreHeight>584</LastRestoreHeight>
   <LastRestoreWidth>935</LastRestoreWidth>
 </MainWindow>
 <LoginWindow>
   <LastState>Normal</LastState>
   <LastPositionX>750</LastPositionX>
   <LastPositionY>353</LastPositionY>
   <LastHeight>312</LastHeight>
   <LastWidth>415</LastWidth>
   <LastRestorePositionX>0</LastRestorePositionX>
   <LastRestorePositionY>0</LastRestorePositionY>
   <LastRestoreHeight>312</LastRestoreHeight>
   <LastRestoreWidth>415</LastRestoreWidth>
 </LoginWindow>
 <ShowFilterForAssigningCreds>false</ShowFilterForAssigningCreds>
 <PassThroughLogin>false</PassThroughLogin>
 <LastLoginUsername />
 <LastLoginDomain />
 <LastLoginType>0</LastLoginType>
 <LastLoginIntegrated>true</LastLoginIntegrated>
 <OfflineExit>false</OfflineExit>
 <CheckForUpdates>true</CheckForUpdates>
 <LastNewsUpdateDate>636075419104514837</LastNewsUpdateDate>
 <LastNewsUpdateId>10</LastNewsUpdateId>
 <RotateInterval>2</RotateInterval>
 <LastRunBuildversion />
 <LicenseText />
 <UpgradeConfigFiles>false</UpgradeConfigFiles>
</ProfileData>

BR 
Jesper

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Problem Solved!

It appears that somehow my Windows userprofile on this server was "corrupted". It seemed like the %ProgramData% folder had been redirected to %AppData%\Local\VirtualStore\"ProgramData" folder and it was creating the ASG-RemoteDesktop inside that folder instead of C:\ProgramData\

I deleted my Windows profile and started from scratch and now it works perfectly!

BR

Jesper
Hi Jesper,

thanks for your feedback ! Good that it is working now - maybe that helps preventing or solving possible future problems for others as well !
Thanks again,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --