Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG RD - Multiple VNC connections
Hello,

I have a question regarding ASG Remote Desktop and VNC connections.
I'm running ASG RD 9.0.5266.1 in 3 workstations. Each workstation has configured the same VNC connection on ASG RD. The problem is that when one of this workstations has opened a VNC session, in the others clients the connection is closed. 
That is strange because if I open a VNC session using, for example, UltraVNC, from 3 different workstations, it works fine.
I have tried also configuring the server to listen connections on 3 different ports and  connecting each client to a different port and the behavior is the same.

Help please!

Thank you.
Hi, just tried to retrace the effect but had only limited "success" ;-) I can connect to a ubuntu server running vncserver from windows 8.1 and at the same time connecting to the ubuntu server's vnc session through another ubuntu servers reminna (vnc) client. But I had the effect that starting from ASG-RD the VNC connection from the ubuntu machine gets cut off. But I could restart the Ubuntu vnc-session and the vnc-session from the windows machine stays intact ! So 2 vnc sessions work at the same time to the same server.
But after checking one option in the ASG-RD vnc-connection-parameters changed it: I enabled the parameter under "VNC" -> "Connection" -> "Shared Connection" ! Thereafter the ubuntu session stays even after connecting with the windows machine running ASG-RD :-)
Hope that helps !

Best regards,
Michael

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3231]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --