Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Database merge
I am taking over the management of 2 databases.  They are both running an SQL 2011 backend server.  Each one has connections and Credentials that I want to save.  Is there a way to merge both databases into 1 without loosing information.  If I try to load the restore it wipes out the information from the previous database.  I can export the connections and reload them but then need to reassign the Credentials.  With over 4000 devices managed that would be extremely time consuming.  The most important thing is I want to save and load the credentials from both databases.  Let me know if you have any thoughts on the best way to do this.
Which version do you use? Below version 2015 you can't merge the data. If you are using version 2015 or 2016 you can export and import selected data to any datasource...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(06-09-2016, 08:12 AM)DevOma Wrote: Which version do you use? Below version 2015 you can't merge the data. If you are using version 2015 or 2016 you can export and import selected data to any datasource...

We are using 2011.  This is tough because each database has about 2-4k connections and about 40-50 credentials saved.  Trying to rebuild them into one common database is going to be a large task.
So think about upgrading to a newer version - as I told you - it is possible with latest version!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver