Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG RD 2012 - Citrix Studio shows orphan sessions with SessionState Connected
Hi,

I wonder whether anybody else out there has experienced the following issue, which occurs in a large environment:

Problem description:
-We connect to our VDA’s (Servers W2K12 R2) via ASG RD 2012
-In Citrix Studio-->Sessions, the connected user is displayed in the column Current User with the ‘Session State’ ‘Active’
-After a while the Server is locked out due to inactivity.
-When we need to reconnect to the server we use ASG RD and click on ‘Reconnect’.
-Once reconnected, an ‘orphan’ user (-) is created in the Citrix Studio, with the session state ‘Connected’ In the Citrix Studio > Sessions ‘Orphane Users’ are listed in the ‘Current User’ column with no name but with a hyphen (-)
These Orhan users remain in the aforementioned column until the respective server has been restarted.

This behaviour leads to lack of an accurate overview and to increasing confusion.
Tests with ASG RD 2016 have stated the aforementioned behaviour, which means the issue exists also in ASG RD 2016.

-ASG Remote Desktop 2012, Version 7.3.4144.0

-All Servers are Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

-Citrix Virtual Delivery Agent 7.8.0.232 (VDA)
-Citrix Studio on Delivery Controllers: 7.8.0.186

Are you aware of any solution to this problem?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Orphane2016
I'm sure that is has nothing to do with the version of ASG-RD - it is only related to RDP and Citrix - and only Citrix is showing these sessions - I never seen this when only using RDP and MS tools - so Citrix should answer why these sessions are listed - in RDP no "Reconnect" exist - only disconnect and connect. But Citrix seems to interpret these events and create these sessions - so only Citrix can answer why this happen
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(13-09-2016, 02:12 PM)DevOma Wrote: I'm sure that is has nothing to do with the version of ASG-RD - it is only related to RDP and Citrix - and only Citrix is showing these sessions - I never seen this when only using RDP and MS tools - so Citrix should answer why these sessions are listed - in RDP no "Reconnect" exist - only disconnect and connect. But Citrix seems to interpret these events and create these sessions - so only Citrix can answer why this happen

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We have contacted Citrix on this issue. They have analysed the issue, performed traces on the systems in questions. However, they came to the result that Citrix is not the the problem. They suggested us to contact ASG to look at it and to find out why it happens. And here we are. Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks
We only use a Microsoft component (rdp activeX) like it is done by all other products that enable RDP connections - so same result when using mstsc.exe or "Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Manager" - so the problem is not related to our product and we can't analyse or help anymore than we did before... Again - Citrix is interpreting the "connect to an existing connection with state "disconnected" as you described - I don't know why and I will never find out what Citrix is doing - I know that the support of Citrix is not always helpful but we can't help...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(14-09-2016, 08:26 AM)DevOma Wrote: We only use a Microsoft component (rdp activeX) like it is done by all other products that enable RDP connections - so same result when using mstsc.exe or "Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Manager" - so the problem is not related to our product and we can't analyse or help anymore than we did before... Again - Citrix is interpreting the "connect to an existing connection with state "disconnected" as you described - I don't know why and I will never find out what Citrix is doing - I know that the support of Citrix is not always helpful but we can't help...

In that case ASG customers expect that ASG must be able to to manufacture and deliver a product, which adequately adapts to the underlying technology (Microsoft components).
The used component works as expected - but Citrix "produces" these orphan sessions - you can use any other product and will have the same effects - so it must be something in the Citrix component and we do not support Citrix components other the ICA protocol
Regards/Gruss
Oliver