Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Window position not being remembered
Hi there,

I'm having an issue where the window size/position of my main window is not being remembered when I launch the program.  I'm using ASG-RD 2016, but I had the same behavior with ASG-RD 2015 as well.

What's interesting is that when I close ASG-RD, it DOES write the window size and position for both the login window and the main window to C:\Users\gsmid\AppData\Roaming\ASG-RemoteDesktop\9.0\profile.xml. When I launch ASG-RD, profile.xml gets accessed once (confirmed with Process Monitor), and the login window is the correct size and position. After I click the 'Login' button, profile.xml does not get accessed and the main window just goes where it always goes - to a seemingly arbitrary spot on my screen.

ASG-RD - 9.0.5312.1
OS - Windows 10 Enterprise (with Anniversary Update)
Multi-monitor (three monitors)

Any suggestions?

Greg
profile.xml is only read once - makes it any difference on which monitor your place ASGRD when closing? There is a check at startup if the saved coordinates are "valid screen coordinates" - I think it must be something with your monitor configuration - so please check if the issue is always the same when placing ASGRD window on different monitors... then I will check again
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Huh, well that's interesting. I did some testing, and the main window actually DOES remember it's position on all three monitors UNLESS the X position is the left-most seven pixels on my left monitor. If LastPositionX = -1920 or greater then ASG remembers its position. If it's -1921 to -1927 (which is the left-most edge of my left-most monitor), ASG just puts the window somewhere in the middle.

I can definitely live with a tiny strip of pixels downt the left side, so I'm happy with this work-around. If you do have any suggestions about how to use up those last seven pixels though, I'd be happy to hear them as well.

Thanks for the assist!

Greg