Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My connected sessions are not there after my pc reboots
Hi
I have ASG rd 2016 and if I have multiple or even 1 session connected to remote servers and my pc reboots because of windows updates  or crashes after the reboot when I launch ASG id does not reconnect to my servers that I was connected to before the reboot.
However if I close ASG with all my sessions and reboot or just launch ASG again all my previous disconnected sessions will get reconnected. Am I missing a setting somewhere? My previous versions worked fine reconnecting after an unscheduled reboot while ASG was running?
Hi,

if you mean that the machine on which ASG-RD runs crashes, then I think nobody can guarantee that the session-status while crashing can be preserved and restored automatically. But we have a builtin routine to do that on a correct shutdown of ASG-RD because then we can save the session information.( "Tools"-"Settings"-"Connections"- "Restore disconnected session on program start" ) That is not possible while crashing. However you can see and restart all recent sessions in the session history. For this you have to enable the history-log in "Tools"-"Settings"-"Logs" : "Activate connection history". I wonder that you had a (older?) version where that "problem" doesn't occur..?

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
(29-09-2016, 01:07 PM)Michael Scholz Wrote: Hi,

if you mean that the machine on which ASG-RD runs crashes, then I think nobody can guarantee that the session-status while crashing can be preserved and restored automatically. But we have a builtin routine to do that on a correct shutdown of ASG-RD because then we can save the session information.( "Tools"-"Settings"-"Connections"- "Restore disconnected session on program start" ) That is not possible while crashing. However you can see and restart all recent sessions in the session history. For this you have to enable the history-log in "Tools"-"Settings"-"Logs" : "Activate connection history".  I wonder that you had a (older?) version where that "problem" doesn't occur..?

Best regards,
Michael

I do have all the settings you list above, the issue is if I have ASG RD running and I do a restart on my pc without closing ASG RD windows will close all running apps before graceful restart, it is after the restart it does not reopen my past sessions. as said before if I close asg I get prompted  with Close environment dialog box asking me You have opened connection(s). Are you sure you want to exit?  I click Yes and reboot or re launch ASG it will reconnect.
Yes - when ASG is closed "unexpectedly" like during a restart of your PC or by a system crash the settings will not be saved...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I am sorry but if I have 10 applications running and I click on my computer to restart windows will close all the applications and then restart, this is not a crash, afterwards asg rd should have the ability like my previous versions 2010, 2012 and 2014 to open all the sessions I had before windows shut down to restart due to windows updates or just by me restarting because some app was misbehaving. I am just saying this worked in the past and is now gone. I ask kindly for you to bring that back please.
One question - do you activate the option that sessions should be automatically disconnect when program is closing?`If not I think you might get a message box that prevents the app to close and save your settings - you can ignore that when you reboot but then the application will be "killed"
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
It was not, I have enabled it now will see next time I restart.