Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DropDown Menu disappear from toolbar with User Rights
Hello,

in ASG Remote Desktop Versin 2016 9.0.53.12.1  the "Navigation" (world symbol) drop-down menu disappear in the "Administration toolbar" with User rights.
That mean with an admin it works. But with a normal user not.
I tested the software on a Windows 2008 R2 terminal Server as a user with "runas".

Do you have the same behavior?
It seems to be a bug - for me.

Greetings
Sandra
No I can't reproduce - could you please try for the user without admin rights to execute "Tools=>Reset Layout"
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(07-10-2016, 11:49 AM)DevOma Wrote: No I can't reproduce - could you please try for the user without admin rights to execute "Tools=>Reset Layout"

Hello DevOma,

when i reset the layout, i see the arrow again. But after a click on it, it disappears.
Please see the attachment.

Greetings
Sandra

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The problem seems to occur when no entries are displayed - could you please try to give the users access to some objects and try again?

I will check if I can "redraw" the menu after it opens...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hello Oliver,

any News here?

Regards
Sandra
Hi Sandra,

I will answer instead of Oliver because he's not available for some days :
I tried to retrace the problem and I could create the same effect if the usergroup has not sufficient rights to "browse" the treeview:

If you right click on the "Connections" item in the navigation tree goto "Security" and make sure that the usergroup the user belongs to has sufficient rights :

If my testuser ( in SecGroup1 ) has the "Standard" rights the pulldown menu is available and working. If I reject the rights the pulldown will dissapear.
Could you check that ?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3253]

Best regards,
Michael

(17-10-2016, 10:15 AM)SRiegel Wrote: Hello Oliver,

any News here?

Regards
Sandra

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
Sad 
Hi Michael,

i`m not sure we talk about the same thing.

Because it is not a solution to give normal users f.e. EDIT Rights in the whole tree. Wink

But i tested  to  make a new Folder with all "Standard (Public Objects)" rights for my testuser and then click into it and then click on the world symbol.
Nothing changed unfortunaltely. Sad

Regards
Sandra
Thanks for your fast feedback Sandra !
You're right: givin all rights is a bit too much - but even with just "read" on the public folders the dropdown works ..at least for my installation. But I see the pulldown only if doing a layout-reset "CTRl-F9" after adding the right. Just adding the rights without a following layout reset or restart of the User's client doesnt reflect the change !
But I'm not sure if that is by design or not. I try to get more infos and get back to you !
best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Hi again,

we will implement some changes here to hopefully eliminate that effect. Should be implemented in the next patch5 ! Releasedate is unknown so far but we strive to release a new patch every 1-2 months. So shouldn't be that far away ;-)

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Ok thanks.

Regards
Sandra