Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Personal Values Tab
Hello,

I am using ASG RemoteDesktop version 9.0.5385.0 on a newly installed laptop, running Windows 10 Enterprise Anniversary update.

I migrated my environment from my old laptop to this one using an RDE file.

I no longer have a "Personal Values" tab, and am not able to set personal values for my connections.

I do have Default and Inherited tabs, but Inherited is grayed out on all connections.

I need to be able to change some connections' settings individually.

Upon further investigation, I discovered that this issue occurs even in new environment, freshly created.

Created a new environment, added a folder, added a single connection.  Still no Personal values.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,

if your exporting & importing settings you have to make sure you checked the "user specific" checkbox under "settings" . Also be aware that personal settings are only available in database mode.
Is that the case ?

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
I will check on this, thank you for your reply!
This has fixed my issue, thank you!

Re-installed with database instead of file, now all is well.
Hi,
I know this is an old post but i am too having the same issues in that the tabs in the Connection > Connection only the "Default Values" is available. I want to be able to setup "Personal Values" however it is greyed out and states "Not Possible".

All connections are the same and i get the same issue whether i have exported or imported an connections. Even when i create a new connection i am not able to add a Personal Values in Connection > Connection.

I am using ASG-RemoteDesktop 2018
Version 11.0.5988.1

Any ideas on how i can fix this as i need to add multiple CyberArk SSH connections for multiple ASG VisionApp users so each users needs their own Personal Values set.

Thanks
Sean

.bmp   ASG VisioApp.bmp (Size: 309.08 KB / Downloads: 2)
That's a security setting - your Admin should allow you to define personal values...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(06-10-2019, 11:22 AM)DevOma Wrote: That's a security setting - your Admin should allow you to define personal values...

Thanks for the reply Oliver. I am a built in Adminstrator and have looked into the security section under "Enviroment - Permissions" and do not see where it would be configured.

Thanks
Sean
Sorry, I checked again your screenshots - and the answer is quiet easy :-)

Some of the properties can't be personalized - like Name, Description (General) or on connection objects the fields like Destination, IP, MAC - it makes no sense that every user customize an object and set different IP's :-) So on some categories you can't select "Personal Values" by design!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(09-10-2019, 08:59 AM)DevOma Wrote: Sorry, I checked again your screenshots - and the answer is quiet easy :-)

Some of the properties can't be personalized - like Name, Description (General) or on connection objects the fields like Destination, IP, MAC - it makes no sense that every user customize an object and set different IP's :-) So on some categories you can't select "Personal Values" by design!

Hi Oliver,

Whilst i get that may be true - why have the fields showing, if you are not able to select the values? 

I am trying to intergrate CyberArk into ASG VisionApp so that all users can use their own "Personal Values" 

for instance 

using the following in the Destination field under "Connection - Connection" works for my connection - however as there is no way for anyone to save their own "Personal Value" a user would always have to change "user1@user1-p" (from below) each time they need to connect to any CyberArk server using SSH.

user1@user1-p#domain@servername@psm.domain.com

If you know of anyother way to intergrate CyberArk into ASG VisionApp that would be great.

btw - I have intergrated CyberArk using ASG VisionApp but they are set using "Programs" under the RDP section which allows "Personal Values" to be saved.

Thanks
Sean
Hi,

it's not the right way to define personal parameters in a connection object - you should try to use variables instead - like %Username% and then your users should assign their personal credentials to the connection - the variable will be parsed and replaced by the content of the assigned credentials... That's the way it should be used - if every user overrides connection information you don't need a database for all...

You can find some other threads with "CyberArk integration" here - perhaps you find anything else what can help you - we are evaluating how to integrate CyberArk in a future release…
Regards/Gruss
Oliver