Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RDP AutoSize not working
Hello,
We have version ASG Remote Desktop 2016 (9.0.5385.0)
and the AutoSize does not seem to be working after I reinstalled on Windows 10 (1607).

My monitors are at 1920x1080 but the RDP sessions do not scale correctly.

RDP sessions in mstsc.exe work\scale correctly.

I have to disable auto size and manually put in a resolution to work for now.

Is there a work around or fix for this ?
I haven't come across anything yet in the forums.

thanks
Good morning !

Hmm... indeed thats not a common problem so I don't know this as a bug that has to be fixed. But there could be some side effects if the "multimonitor" checkbox is ticked. Can you see if this is unchecked ? That's the only thing that comes to my mind right now.

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
(14-10-2016, 09:56 AM)Thanks for your response.I have verified that multimonitor is not selected.I came across that in some of the forum posts but no luck there :( Michael Scholz Wrote: Good morning  !

Hmm... indeed thats not a common problem so I don't know this as a bug that has to be fixed. But there could be some side effects if the "multimonitor" checkbox is ticked. Can you see if this is unchecked ? That's the only thing that comes to my mind right now.

Best regards,
Michael
Hi again,

sorry for not returning earlier to you. Is it possible to send me a screenshot from a non sized session ? You mean autosize for the initial screen, not resizing ? because resizing is not possible. I did some quick tests from within windows 8.1 to windows 10 by rdp and Linux by vnc and that resizing works as it should, also from windows 10 pro to win8.1 sizing works normal here.
Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
Hi Faraz,

I have some more questions and things we can try to find the issue :-)

How is your local display configured? 100% or anything above like 150%? We had in the past issues with higher values but these should be fixed - I use 150% on Win10 and it is working...

Did you try to use a window instead of tab view? So try Window and FullScreen - is it the right size there? Or also too small?

In RDP=>Connection - ensure that "Use multimonitor" is disabled (I know you checked that already)
In RDP=>Experience - SmartSizing should be checked
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(08-11-2016, 10:23 AM)DevOma Wrote: Hi Faraz,

I have some more questions and things we can try to find the issue :-)

How is your local display configured? 100% or anything above like 150%? We had in the past issues with higher values but these should be fixed - I use 150% on Win10 and it is working...

Did you try to use a window instead of tab view? So try Window and FullScreen - is it the right size there? Or also too small?

In RDP=>Connection - ensure that "Use multimonitor" is disabled (I know you checked that already)
In RDP=>Experience - SmartSizing should be checked

Hello, thanks for responding and sorry I haven't been able to post back (busy work).
Thanks for the display configuration suggestion I came across this as well and can verify that it is indeed the issue I am experiencing.
I do not have the problem at 100% but anything above that causes the issue.
I am running Win 10 Enterprise 1607 with patches up to date on a Dell E7450 with an intel graphics and all the latest drivers and BIOS available from Dell.

Multi-Monitor is disabled and SmartSizing is checked.
thanks