Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic export function
Hi,

I've got a instance of VisionApp 2015 with around 500 connections, give or take.
We add and remove nodes to this environment once in a while, and I'm looking for a function to schedule an export of current connections, to get a better overview of changes.

I know that this export can be done manually in Environment > Export.
My question is if there's a way to achieve the same result as the above function, but on an automatic schedule, e.g. once a week.

Is there a function in the application that can manage this? Or can it be solved by using a flag on the .exe (simplified example: ASGRD.exe /exportcsv).
I would prefer to not have to query the database as my DBA skills aren't up to par.

//Oscar
Hi Oscar,
you find some examples in the integrated help how to do an exportjob from command-line. So you could easily create a scheduled batch doing an export of logs - for example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ASG-Remote Desktop 2016>ASGRD.exe /instance:MyEnvironmentInstanceName /loginintegrated:true /loginsubmit /exportaction:History /exportoutput:c:\MyDestinationPath\historyexport.txt

Or you could use PowerShell to do such a job:
I tested it with following batch of commands - even I'm not a powershell guy :

starting powershell:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe
loading modules:
powershell -noexit -command "[reflection.assembly]::loadFrom( '.\ASGRD-PSAPI.dll' ) | import-module"
connect environment:
Connect-RDEnvironment -Environment MyEnvironmentName -PassThrough
using Cmdlet to get data:
Get-RDlogs -Logtype Error > c:\MyDestination\ExportedErrorlog.txt

I hope that helps - best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --