Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error - BaseItemGet
Hi
We have a problem with one user (me) on our ASG RD 2015 8.9.5034.1
This installetion is running for more then a year and is ussed by more then 20 useres. Until yesterday i had no problem to use id.
When i start ASG RD i get following error message:
An error occured on executing an sql statment
BaseLineGet

What can i do to resolve this?

Regards
Daniel
Many users are now reported, that they lost some or all favorites.
We did restore the backup form yesterday evening in our integration environment. With this data I could work but some favorites are lost.

We then looked with SQL Management Studio which users are connected to the DB in production. While many users were working with ASG, only one was showed as connected. After this user closed ASG, I could work with ASG and did not get the error BaseItemGet anymore.

The problem with the lost favorites (with a read X) is still there. I the mine time I figured out why the happened. We do synchronize out AD in to ASG including the OU structure with "delete if object does not exist". We have moved some computer object to another OU.
It seems that the synchronization process does not check if a computer object still exist in AD.

The primary problem with BaseItemGet is solved. For the other, i will open a new post.
Hi and thanks for your findings ! Interesting - but for me not clear what happened. Regarding the dB user : if correct configured you define a "database" user that will be used for all clients. So I assume this is the one that showed as connected. But it seems there was something different going on with your dB..maybe you find some log entry's in ASG-RD or on the SQL server that gives some more details. But anyway..if it works it workks ;-)
Wood be a good idea to open an seperate Thread for a different problem - so thanks for that !

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
I have attached the ASG Errorlog. I may help to investigate it further.

Attached Files
.zip   ASG_Errors-20161028.zip (Size: 1.34 KB / Downloads: 2)
Thanks for sending in the log ! We had a look at it and it seems the problems were caused by a not closed database session. A state that should normally not occur. We will consider if and how to prevent such events in future versions. Thank you for your help !

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --