Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect with IP by deafult, instead of name?
Hello,
is there a way for RD 2016 to primarily use the IP while establishing a connection?
I have synchronised a large number of connections from a vcenter, the new connections are named after the VMs, not after the FQDNs of the systems. Since this is a multi-domain environment, when trying to open a RDP\SSH session the connection does not work. It also does not switch to an IP connection.
My questions are:
- Is it possible to configure RD so that it will fail over to an IP connection if connecting to the name fails?
- Would it be possible for future versions of RD to query the vCenter for the DNS name of a virtual machine too? And fille the Destination field with the queried value.
Thanks!
Hi,

You can change the mapping on the Syncfolder to reflect 2 different schemes. Have you tried that ? "Properties" on the SyncFolder , then under Vmware "General" -> "Mapping". Does that change anything in your direction ?
Regarding the failover or readout of DNS I have to forward that to colleagues because I'm not sure if that works. I don't think so. So possibly that would be a good entry as a "Feature Request" ;-)
Waiting for your feedback I whish a wonderful weekend :-)

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
Thanks for the quick reply.
Changing the mapping does indeed resolve the issue.
It would be nice to have the FQDNs pulled from the vCenter (if they are available) and placed in the destination field. Maybe you can consider this as a feature request.
Also, it
Have a nice weekend too!
Thanks for your positive feedback !
We will definitely consider your input as a feature request for coming versions.Thanks again and I hope you had a fantastic weekend ;-)
Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --