Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Data Optimizer did not work correct
Hello,

we have this behaviour:

ASG Remote Desktop 2012:
a Tab Color was directly set on a Connection object (RDP-Server xxx)

After pushing "Upgrade of 2012 Environment"  in ASG Remote Desktop 2016:
In the Display-Default Values on the connection object data exists and the Tab Color is set and also we see the random Tab Color from the Inherited Values from the Connections-Folder. The result is correct, because the Default value overwrite the inherited value.

Then using Data Optimizer:
It finds some inherited values from the Connection properties to correct them.
After that, in the Display-Default Values on the connection object still data exists, but Tab Color is set to random. And the inherited value was corrected to a Folder between the Connections-Folder and the Connection object and has specific Tab Color.

We lose the Tab Color, because the Default value overwrite the inherited value.
I think the data optimizer correct the Inherited Values, but then a Default Value exists and that was the same Value than the inherited value, it could and should delete the Default Value and especially do not set the tab Color to random.

Regards,
Sandra
I tried to reproduce - but for me the connections with color set keep the values and all others are set to Inherited...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Maybe i can give you some examples from the database? Which table(s) do you need then?
Perhaps it would be easier to export one of the folders where the problem occurs - I will try to import and see if I can reproduce - maybe it's the data from migration that is causing the problem - just send to asg.rd@asg.com and add a link to this thread
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I got your data - will try to analyze tomorrow
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
It's working for me as it should - after Data Optimizer the default value on connections is not set. It is used the Inherited value - and that make sense - because all connections had the same color and so it was set one level higher...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(08-12-2016, 09:53 AM)DevOma Wrote: It's working for me as it should - after Data Optimizer the default value on connections is not set. It is used the Inherited value - and that make sense - because all connections had the same color and so it was set one level higher...

hello Oliver,

i`m not sure that the problem is clear.
Thats why i upload this word doc.

Greetings
Sandra

Attached Files
.docx   TEST-ASGRemoteDesktop2016.docx (Size: 232.39 KB / Downloads: 7)
I will have a look at your document - my answer could be in the first days of next year because of vacation...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(16-12-2016, 12:17 PM)DevOma Wrote: I will have a look at your document - my answer could be in the first days of next year because of vacation...

Hello Oliver,

please have a look on these Topic again.
Before the next patch is available ;-)

Greetings
Sandra
Sorry for the delay - I will have a look the next days.. it's still on my list :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Sandra, I had a look at your doc - but there are screenshots from version 2012 and 2016 - but you are telling me that you have problems with Data Optimizer - after migration from 2012 to 2016 - are the values correct? And then after data optimizer the problems begin? Just want to understand before I try to reproduce...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(27-01-2017, 10:26 AM)DevOma Wrote: Sandra, I had a look at your doc - but there are screenshots from version 2012 and 2016 - but you are telling me that you have problems with Data Optimizer - after migration from 2012 to 2016 - are the values correct? And then after data optimizer the problems begin? Just want to understand before I try to reproduce...

Hello Oliver,

yes, first (after Migration of 2012) the items seems correct (not sure if the DB entries are correct) and after runing the data optimizer the problems begins.

Greetings
Sandra
Hello Oliver,

did you try to reproduce it? And what is the result?

Greetings
Sandra
Yes I did - and can't find an error - now I looked again into the doc and perhaps I now see it. In the folder properties I see width/height is set to 800x600 (but used is Auto size) - in connection it is set to 1024x768.

The data is stored in an object that will be compared - only if everything is identical the check is true and the data will be optimized. But in your case there are different values and so the result seems to be correct - it is not set to Inherit because it differs from parent object!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver