Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users cannot see connections after transfer from 'file' to 'database'
Hi there,

I’ve been using ASG RD for years with pleasure Smile . Just moved from one company to another a few months ago and convinced my team to use the product.

I’ve installed the trial version at first and created a bunch of connections and credentials on the ‘file’ environment.
I then bought the license, installed the license on the ‘file version’ to be able to export all my connections in a rde file.

I installed the last version in database mode onto a sql express server. I imported the rde file into the database with success.

But… When I create now a new user, he can connect, but he CAN'T see any connection or credential from my import.
And if I create a new connection or folder, he CAN see it !!

What am I supposed to do ? To re-create all my connections ? And does that ensure that all new users (AD) will see the connections ?

All the connections are public, and the new users i create are in Administrators Security Group...
Some of the new user are not on the same domain as the database and i used 'add local user account' to security groups by copy/pasting the key generated by the client. And they are able to connect to database environment as they can see new connections...

What do i missed ? Sad

TIA for your reply,

Best regards,
If you import your connections from a file based environment all objects are private for your user - you can try to convert to public on the first folder level - then all child objects should be converted too
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hello, DevOma,

You are perfectly right, that was exactly my problem !)
Now, all connections are accessible to all users.

Thank you for your precious help, have a nice day Smile
This thread can be closed as SOLVED