Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Composing password dynamically
Good morning:
Is there a way to compose the password for connecting to a Unix server dynamically?
For example, our servers use 2 factor authentication for password, one part static (a constant) and the other part a numeric value generated by a program.
would like to set the password to be equal to the constant value joined with the numeric value.
For example, "Constant11223344", where 11223344 was the result of calling a program.
Is it possible right now to do something like this?
Thanks.
Antonio S.
No that's not possible at the moment
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(02-12-2016, 10:04 AM)DevOma Wrote: No that's not possible at the moment

Thanks for your response.

Is this something that could be considered for future versions?

Two factor authentication is becoming the security standard and thus ASG RD loses one of its main appeals, that of not having to enter the password upon connecting to the servers.

Merry Xmas.
Ok, I will put it on the feature list - I thing it's not very complex to implement so we will try to add asap...

Merry Xmas too!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Antonio, do you still have a program that returns a password like you described? I want to know how the password is returned - a numeric value can be returned by the ExitCode of a pogram - or is it a console output that need to be grabbed (if you execute in cmd.exe you should see the value that is returned)?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(06-02-2017, 03:25 PM)DevOma Wrote: Antonio, do you still have a program that returns a password like you described? I want to know how the password is returned - a numeric value can be returned by the ExitCode of a pogram - or is it a console output that need to be grabbed (if you execute in cmd.exe you should see the value that is returned)?
(06-02-2017, 04:19 PM)AntSal60 Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 03:25 PM)DevOma Wrote: Antonio, do you still have a program that returns a password like you described? I want to know how the password is returned - a numeric value can be returned by the ExitCode of a pogram - or is it a console output that need to be grabbed (if you execute in cmd.exe you should see the value that is returned)?

Hi.
yes, the name of the program is RSA SecurId.exe and unfortunately doesn't seem to have a command interface.
Am attaching the help files from the program in case they can provide some info (i didn't see anything).
Maybe an e-mail to the vendor? 
Many thanks.
Antonio Salcedo

Attached Files
.zip   rsa_help.zip (Size: 518.12 KB / Downloads: 740)
That's the answer I got from RSA

This must be something custom built for you by someone, as we never had something called RSASecurID.exe that
I am aware of, nor in any of my searches. Can you supply more information and details ?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver