Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Your credentials did not work"
Hello,

I know that VisionApp uses the underlying RDP client where it is installed.  We are more and more not able to use saved credentials in VisionApp, some servers it works, some it does not.  The above error is what I get when I connect to such a server using the RDP client.

I have tried the local GPO solution described here: (for example)
http://www.tarikatechnologies.com/resour...connection
There are many articles on this.  The solution has no effect for me, either this is not the issue or I am doing it wrong.

These are on machines in the same domain as the workstation that I am on, so it is not a trust relationship issue.  I am using the FQDN not the IP address.

I have seen the other solution of installing the certificate, I have not tried that.  I am wondering if that means I would need a certificate for each of the 1,000 or so servers I have, or one certificate for them all?

I am using the 2011 version of VisionApp, and I considering upgrading, but before I do, I would like to understand what this problem is, and if the new version offers any help with it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you

-JCL_DOT
Could you please try an eval version of a newer version to see if the problem still exists? I never heard of this so I guess it is something that is perhaps already solved...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(20-12-2016, 10:33 AM)DevOma Wrote: Could you please try an eval version of a newer version to see if the problem still exists? I never heard of this so I guess it is something that is perhaps already solved...

I installed the eval of ASG remote desktop 2016 patch 4, but the same result:

I know this may not be the fault of the application, but I would really like to try and find the solution.

-JCL
Ok, the message should come from a local policy on the server (or a domain policy) - try to open "Local Group Policy Editor" and check the policies - I can do that also but not before beginning of 2017 :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(21-12-2016, 12:32 AM)DevOma Wrote: Ok, the message should come from a local policy on the server (or a domain policy) - try to open "Local Group Policy Editor" and check the policies - I can do that also but not before beginning of 2017 :-)

Yes, I have explored the group policy settings, I currently have it setup to allow me to used cached credentials on these servers.  But it is not working, I think I will open a case with Microsoft.

Just wasn't sure if this is something you frequently run into such that I might more quickly find the issue and fix it myself.

-JCL