Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loosing settings
Question 
Running ASGRD on a W2K12R2 RDS server.

Our non-ASGRD-admins (regular users) are having issues with loosing some ASGRD settings from time to time.

• Quick connect: dialog sometimes doesn´t popup when clicked in toolbar. Tools - Reset Layout has to be run to fix this.
  • Quick connect: personal settings are sometimes reset to default settings. E.g. Display is set to full screen view.
  • Default connection properties: E.g. the selection in Disk drives sometimes disappears "overnight".
When closing the application and reopening it, it looks ok, but it seems like if they are logged on to a different server (maybe?) the setting is lost. 

So my question is, where are these personal setting saved, in the database or on a settings file somewhere?

Any idea?

BR,
Nicolaj
QuickConnect issues - I will check

All properties are saved in the database - the personal settings are saved with a userId, the default settings without - so it should not happen that one is overridden by another - but Default settings are the same for all (have this issue a long time on the feature list to make it personal) - I will see that we improve this asap...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Ok, that sounds good. But we still see some very strange behaviour we can't explain.

We have tested a lot and get strange behaviour.

This morning all users had permissions to "edit defult connection properties" - which I have later changed to only administrators (= 2 people)
These two admins (me and someone else) have tested.
- While he had his ASGRD open I set two settings and restarted ASGRD multiple times. The setting remained intact.
- He checked (without restarting ASGRD) and the settings were NOT set. This can be explained by ASGRD only reading the settings on startup.
- We both closed ASGRD and he then restarted his application and it was still not set for him - but it was for me (???).
- He set the setting and restarted.
- I restarted and checked - now it wasnt set for me, but it was set for him still. It SEEMED like when he enabled a setting it was toggled, so it reversed the setting set in the DB, rather that setting it to a specific setting in the database.
- Sometimes it seems like settings might not be saved for all (to DB) until ASGRD is closed.
- Can settings be cached locally in my profile, like when running offline mode, so this plays tricks?

It is VERY confusing, so can you test this in your lab - because so far we havent been able to find out whats going on. It seems very random how it behaves.

We are running on the same database from multiple RDS servers - but in this last test we only restarted ASGRD, we didnt log off and on.
Which setting did you edit?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Wow fast reply Smile

In Default Connection Properties we changed:
- RDP\Connection - Server auth. ... polic reqs = Connect and don't warn me (it changed to Warn me)
- RDP\Resources - Diskdrives = enabled (it changed to disabled)
Ok - I will try to find out what happens...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(06-01-2017, 10:16 AM)DevOma Wrote: Ok - I will try to find out what happens...

Thanks.

This morning Default Connection Properties was again reset (the local drives setting not set), so I set it again (only I and another one have access to change it.
One of the users that don't have access to Default Connection Properties restarted the program - and tried logging on via Quick COnnect (where Advanced Settings shows the settings to be set) - and local drives still didn't show up when logging on.

So it's really weird, hope you can replicate the issue in your lab.
Yes - issue found and fixed - will be in the next version!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Great stuff Smile