Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost rights after installation on W2012 server
We are using ASG 2016 on 2 W2008 R2 servers without any problems.
Yesterday I installed ASG2016 on a W2012 server and for all the users including myself most options are greyed out:

Environment - all options except Exit
Edit - all options except Refresh and Properties
Administration - Default connection properties and Quick Connect
Tools - securtiy groups

How can I solve this?

with kind Regards,

Ad van Diepenveen
It seems that you are login with another user than before? Do you use Windows-Account-Login? Perhaps with the local account and not with Domain-Account?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(13-01-2017, 11:16 AM)DevOma Wrote: It seems that you are login with another user than before? Do you use Windows-Account-Login? Perhaps with the local account and not with Domain-Account?

I installed ASG2016 with my own account. My account is member of Domain Admins.
I use Windows-Account-Login with Integrated checked.

When I start ASG-Remote Desktop 2016 as part of the setup everything works perfect. No greyed out options.
My assigned security groups are: APPl_Visionapp and Administrators
When I close and start ASG 2016 again, most options are greyed out.
My assigned security group is: APPL_Visionapp

When I start ASGRDElevated everything works. So is this the workaround for W2012?
Wow - never heard this before - did you try to "Start As Administrator" - which version do you use (build number)?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(13-01-2017, 01:34 PM)DevOma Wrote: Wow - never heard this before - did you try to "Start As Administrator" - which version do you use (build number)?

I tested several things for you Smile :

When I start ASGRD.exe with "run as Administrator" no options ar greyed out.

Installing ASG 2016 with change user /install (to enter install mode) makes no difference.  Only ASGRDElevated works good.

We work with version 9.0.5312.1  with a valid Company Country License until November 30, 2017
This version was a QuickFix for a problem with Windows-InsiderPreview-Build 15002 (Win10) - so you should not use this version on your W2k12 server!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(13-01-2017, 03:07 PM)DevOma Wrote: This version was a QuickFix for a problem with Windows-InsiderPreview-Build 15002 (Win10) - so you should not use this version on your W2k12 server!

Ok, thnx. I will install patch 4.
Is the warning  "Possible Migration of datasource necassary" important to our installation?
Patch4 and Patch4 QuickFix uses the same data structure - if you migrate from an older version there might be a data migration necessary...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver