Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Profile Assistance
Hi Folks

I have been using VisionAPP for a number of years but and deploying in Via MS AppV 5.0 Package.  What I have carried out is packaged the VisionApp 2011 Package in AppV.  This is now cached on Citrix VDA's which are streamed using Citrix PVS Servers.  I am able to create a Shortcut to open the VisionApp 2011 as a Citrix Published application and this is working well.

The issue that I am seeing is that when a user in our environment connect using RDP to a server they previously were able to put the <Domain>\<username>
into the Windows login prompt.  This was then cached in the for the users.

Since moving to the appv package these settings are not been saved into the users profile.  I cannot see any files missing from the profile on the Profile Store.  I would appreciate guidance on this.

Many Thanks

Nathan
I'm sorry, but I have no experience with AppV packages - and of course version 2011 is quiet old and not really supported anymore.
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
DevOmaI'm sorry, but I have no experience with AppV packages - and of course version 2011 is quiet old and not really supported anymore.

Hi I understand that but if you could advise were the settings are stored in a normal install I can work out the location in AppV Packages.  Could you also advise on the upgrade path to 2016

Thanks

Nathan
We do not save the username that is last used in Windows logon - that is something is the OS... The files we are using you can find in AppData\Roaming\visionapp\vrd2011 (I have no current 2011 installation to check - but must be something like this)

For upgrade to 2016 you have to install version 2012 first - upgrade your data to 2012 and then you can use version 2016 - create a new environment in version 2016 and use "File=>Upgrade from 2012"... if you need any help on this topic just let me know... (valid license can be used by version 2012 too)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver