Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import Connection details from DB connection
Hi 

I have VisionApp 2011 v.7.0.3328.0 installed.

The currently process when a new member joins the team is to install VisionApp and then another colleague export his connection details as a vrb file for the new person to import. Is there away for VisionApp to connect to a Database so that the new colleague can connect to that DB and import all the connection details?
You should use a shared database for all users - but you can't import connections from a database (which database you mean, how should that work)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(09-02-2017, 08:56 AM)DevOma Wrote: You should use a shared database for all users - but you can't import connections from a database (which database you mean, how should that work)

Hi Thank you for the reply.

The idea is that a flat file such as vrb file contains:
VSIN3DXXXX;vsin3dXXXX.svr.us.companyname.net;;;SSH;22;DEV\AIAP Infrastructure\XXXX\EDC1
VSIN3DXXXX;vsin3dXXXX.svr.us.companyname.net;;;SSH;22;DEV\AIAP Infrastructure\XXXX\EDC1
etc

My idea was that is it possible for VisionApp to connect to an SQL DB where each row in a table contact each connection. Rather than the current method of importing an vrb file, you could get the data from a Database.

Sorry but I'm new to VisionApp and not sure how Shared Database works.
You can use also csv-file export/import - but not a database for such a function

A shared database is quiet easy to use - first user creates a database using SQL-Database-Wizard - all other use just connect this database - so all users can share connection-objects, share "public credentials" and can use private credentials for their own use - and you can assign these creds for your personal use or for all users...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver