Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting to iDRAC / iLO over https failed

Hi,

I put all my iDRAC / iLO IP address into ASG-RemoteDesktop 2016 with to connection to https://. If i will connect to the iDRAC / iLO i get the following error:

Quote:XXXXXXXXXXXX uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates.
An additional root certificate may need to be imported.
The certificate is only valid for <a id="cert_domain_link" title="XXXXXXXXXXX">XXXXXXXXXXXXX</a>
Error code: <a id="errorCode" title="SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER">SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER</a>
I logged in over the Internet Explorer and install the certificate but it doesn´t still work trough ASG.
Can somebody help me?
Version: 9.0.5385.0
Thanks a lot for your help
SB
Can you try to use GeckoFX instead of IE and activate option to "Ignore certificate warnings"
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
DevOma Wrote:Can you try to use GeckoFX instead of IE and activate option to "Ignore certificate warnings"

I can´t use any other browser - company policy!
With IE this is a known issue
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
With normal Mozilla Firefox or Edge?
The program use ActiveX-control from IE or GeckoFX engine from Mozilla (that is also used in Firefox) as internal browser control - you also can configure your connections to use external browser but than you can't use it as integrated tab...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi,
how can I use IE as external browser from ASG?
This would be a great opportunity!
You need to create an "External App" inside ASGRD - set file and working dir (with complete path) to your preferred browser - in arguments you can use variables - if you set up a connection and choose protocol "Ext. App, then add the role "Ext.App" you can configure which app to use if you open the connection - in the help file you find a list of all variables you can use to set argument variables during this call like "%Computername%"
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
It works, thanks.
But must I create for every URL a new. Ext. Application with diffrent argument?
Argument: %HttpPort% is the Trick - Thanks for your great help - you safe me a lot of time Smile