Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing happens when pressing login
Hello,

I've successfully created a ASG database and can login with the admin account that created the DB which is DB-owner.

I've now created a AD-usergroup with full adminrights within AASG and also assigned this usergroup public for database access.

When I create a db Connection within ASG-configuration for the user and press "Test Connection" it works.

However when I try to login by pressing "Login" in the startscreen nothing happens. No error message, no nothing.

Please assist.
Do you have any error log in windows application event log? Could you try to give the AD-Group dbowner database rights and try again - if that works, please check the chapter how to configure database access rights in the online help...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(01-03-2017, 10:23 AM)DevOma Wrote: Do you have any error log in windows application event log? Could you try to give the AD-Group dbowner database rights and try again - if that works, please check the chapter how to configure database access rights in the online help...

Hi,

no errors in windows application event log.

Sorry could you please Point me in the direction of the database access rights online help?
Working with environments=>Working in database mode=>Necessary permissions on SQL server instance
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(01-03-2017, 10:32 AM)DevOma Wrote: Working with environments=>Working in database mode=>Necessary permissions on SQL server instance

Sorry, where is the online help document? I've not been able to find it.
Just press "F1" inside of ASG-RD. The help will be context sensitive. Or mainmenu "?" -> Help ;-)
best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
Update. We were missing the execute permission for our users. Case solved.