Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Input parameter error when connecting to more than ~10+ servers by RDP
Hi,

I'm using RD 2016 latest patch. I connect to a mix of 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and 2016 servers by RDP.

Often when I connect to more than around 10 servers, the next one I try to connect to starts with the usual "Connecting..." message but then errors with the attached error.

The only way to get connected is to logoff one of the existing servers. This is quite frustrating. Is this a connection or memory limitation or something? I've noticed it's usually using around 1GB of RAM approx not sure if this is anything to do with it though.

My machine is Win 8.1 Pro x64 fully up to date with MS patches, 8GB RAM, Core i3.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The newer OS versions are consuming a lot memory - can you check RDP=>Connection settings - Client protocol type should be "Small cache mode"
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(07-03-2017, 03:39 PM)DevOma Wrote: The newer OS versions are consuming a lot memory - can you check RDP=>Connection settings - Client protocol type should be "Small cache mode"

Yes they are all set like that

Any other ideas?

This is becoming a big problem. How can I raise a support case?

Thanks
You can try to disable some not needed settings in RDP=>Experience...

The app is still a 32bit app - and that's the reason why the app can't consume the whole memory - did you install the quick fix for Patch4? Please check if you are using 9.0.5385.0 and not 9.0.5385.1
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I do have 9.0.5385.1, whats wrong with that?
It could be the reason - could you install 9.0.5385.0 and verify if you can open more connections at the same time?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Is that patch 4 rather than patch 4 fix? Is there bugs with patch 4 fix then?
Yes Patch4 - the fix should be only installed for one problem - all other users should work with Patch4 - the quickfix was build in a very short time - so it might make sense to test with official patch4
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Ok back to patch 4 now and so far seems ok but it didn't happen straight away before.... so time will tell

So is a 64bit version being worked on?

Although even it is 32bit app, surely it should be able to use more than 1GB of RAM....
I think there are 2 components still not available for 64bit applications - we have to think about a way to handle that in near future...

Yes, 32bit apps can use more than 1GB - we set a special flag during the build process to enhance the memory usage (will be doubled) - it is normally set within the build process of the product - I guess that something failed in the QuickFix version...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Ah I see... well there is other RDP apps like this that are 64bit