Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
License, concurrent or named?
Hi,

I purshased four licenses.

How does it work with assigning licenses? Is it named admin or is it concurrent?
Good morning,

Licensing works the way that you get a licensefile (basically an *.xml-file) that you have to import in the info-screen of ASG-RD. Normally if you buy 4 licenses you will get one licensefile that you import. If you use single user mode ( no shared database ) then you have to import the license 4 times. On each machine. Because you have only one licensefile this is not named admin licensing. If you use a shared dB you import the license only with the first installation of ASG-RD where the database environment has been defined. The license then will be read into the dB. All other ASG-RD instances who use the same shared environment use that license automatically !
Hope that helps,
best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
(16-03-2017, 10:15 AM)Michael Scholz Wrote: Good morning,

Licensing works the way that you get a licensefile (basically an *.xml-file) that you have to import in the info-screen of ASG-RD.  Normally if you buy 4 licenses you will get one licensefile that you import. If you use single user mode ( no shared database ) then you have to import the license 4 times. On each machine. Because you have only one licensefile this is not named admin licensing.  If you use a shared dB you import the license only with the first installation of ASG-RD where the database environment has been defined. The license then will be read into the dB. All other ASG-RD instances who use the same shared environment use that license automatically !
Hope that helps,
best regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,

thanks for the reply.

I've uploaded the xml-file into the shared database. Can I visually view how many licenses I have in my database at the moment and how many are used?
Hi,
no - you can only check how many licenses you have all in all in the info screen where you imported the license. License usage should match license count but that is in your responsibility ;-)
Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
(16-03-2017, 02:43 PM)Michael Scholz Wrote: Hi,
no - you can only check how many licenses you have all in all in the info screen where you imported the license. License usage should match license count but that is in your responsibility ;-)
Best regards,
Michael

Ah,

Allrighty! Well, I have the purchase order to go by then too Smile