Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD Sync Error
I'm currently running ASGRD15 and demoing 2017. I'm trying to set up a sync from a specific OU in Active Directory in a new folder. I've specified the OU and domain admin credentials to use to scan the OU, but when I attempt the sync I get an error, "Error reading from active directory. Sync aborted. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." 

I did some poking around on the error, but no luck figuring out why I'm getting it.

--Tom
Hi Tom,

one question to your credentials. Have you saved the password or did you choose to ask for the password ? Just an idea...
Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
(12-04-2017, 05:19 PM)tfoster2501 Wrote: I'm currently running ASGRD15 and demoing 2017. I'm trying to set up a sync from a specific OU in Active Directory in a new folder. I've specified the OU and domain admin credentials to use to scan the OU, but when I attempt the sync I get an error, "Error reading from active directory. Sync aborted. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." 

I did some poking around on the error, but no luck figuring out why I'm getting it.

--Tom

You might want to read my post of yesterday: http://forum.asg-rd.com/showthread.php?tid=10353
(13-04-2017, 07:58 AM)Michael Scholz Wrote: Hi Tom,

one question to your credentials. Have you saved the password or did you choose to ask for the password ? Just an idea...
Best regards,
Michael

I have it set to save the password, but oddly, even though I have pass-through selected, I'm still getting prompted when attempting to connect to a server manually added.
So that's not the same issue as in your first post?!?

Pass-though can't be set for connections - the wording is only used for "Login into the application" - RDP supports "Single Sign On" - but this has to be configured on the server (read the help for that)

So what is your problem right now???
Regards/Gruss
Oliver