Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mouse pointer disappears when hovering over textbox
I am running ASG-RD 2017. This only seems to happen with the new Windows 10 Creators Update (1703).

I am connecting via RDP to many different versions of Windows Server. When my mouse pointer moves over a textbox or a field containing text, the pointer/cursor disappears.

Anyone else see this happening?
I had the same issue yesterday - but installed some more updates after that and today everything is working fine - but I will observe this issue (on some other machines)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Unfortunately, installing the latest updates did not resolve my issue.
I have it again too - we will check it after the easter weekend
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
If I use my notebook without an external monitor I get this issue in some applications - if I use external monitor I can't see that issue - not easy... but I also have problems using mstsc.exe so I guess there are problems in the rdp protocol of the Creators Update...

We will observe...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I use two external monitors that are 1080p in addition to my 4K laptop screen.

Using MSTSC.exe I do not experience the same issue on any of my displays.

If there's anything I can do to assist or test, please let me know.

Thanks for continuing to look into this.
I have the same issue.
With ASG it is not working well, but with mstsc.exe it is ok.
I am also having this issue, using two external monitors. My application also sometimes crashes when connecting to the RDP session.
What is the OS ASGRD is running on and which destination systems having this issue?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Please refer to the original post.

Quote:I am running ASG-RD 2017. This only seems to happen with the new Windows 10 Creators Update (1703).

I am connecting via RDP to many different versions of Windows Server.
I am also running ASG-2017 with the creator's update(1703). Is there any progress on getting this fixed?
Same issue. 

Confirmed running mstsc directly works but via vrd cursor will disappear.

Windows Version 1703
When in the RDP, changing the mouse pointer scheme to Windows Black (system scheme) allows the cursor to show up. A possible workaround for now. Maybe that helps with tracking down the issue?
(25-04-2017, 06:07 PM)mbellian Wrote: When in the RDP, changing the mouse pointer scheme to Windows Black (system scheme) allows the cursor to show up. A possible workaround for now. Maybe that helps with tracking down the issue?

Thanks for the suggestion - gave it a go but it does not seem to resolve the issue, even as a work around.
We are currently trying to figure out the cause
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
We have currently no system where the issue is reproducible - in mouse pointer options on local device there is an option "Hide pointer while typing" - could anybody check if this has any impact?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Toggling the "Hide pointer while typing" does not help. The mouse pointer disappears when moving over a text box whether you're typing or not.
(27-04-2017, 02:52 PM)Rick Wrote: Toggling the "Hide pointer while typing"  does not help. The mouse pointer disappears when moving over a text box whether you're typing or not.

+1 does not resolve issue.
I have found a system where I think it is reproducible - but the mouse cursor is not really hidden, I can see at least a "one pixel cursor" - hard to see on high resolution but it is still there... can you confirm?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(28-04-2017, 07:46 AM)DevOma Wrote: I have found a system where I think it is reproducible - but the mouse cursor is not really hidden, I can see at least a "one pixel cursor" - hard to see on high resolution but it is still there... can you confirm?

Yes, I can confirm.

With Windows 10 Creators Update

Greetings Michael