Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User don`t have permissions to start the program
Hello, i try to connect to a database but when i start the asg 2012 the message appear: the user don`t have the permission to start the program. 
Which setting i have to set to make this work? 
thanks for answers.
bernd
Somebody has turned on permissions" (Settings=>Permissions) - after that you have to assign users to the Security groups else you aren't allowed to logon
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(11-05-2017, 10:10 AM)DevOma Wrote: Somebody has turned on permissions" (Settings=>Permissions) - after that you have to assign users to the Security groups else you aren't allowed to logon

but i just assigned the user to the groups under permissions. is there another place for permissions?
If a user is assigned to at least one security group the user should be able to logon - did you use Windows Account, Windows Group, Windows OU or do you use Username/Password?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(12-05-2017, 09:44 AM)DevOma Wrote: If a user is assigned to at least one security group the user should be able to logon - did you use Windows Account, Windows Group, Windows OU or do you use Username/Password?

i use windows ad group but it seems that doesn`t work
Could you try to assign a user directly to check if that works?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi,

I'm facing the same issue.
Our environment is setup with AD group (under role 'Administrator') and there is one user that cannot connect to this environment.
I've added him to the correct AD group, but he still gets the message that he doesn't have the permission to login.

Also tried to add him manually to the Security Group 'Administrator' in ASG and then it works!

We are now using ASG-RemoteDesktop 2016 v9.0.5266.1

Does someone have an idea?

Thank you.
I could remember that we had a problem using AD-Groups - but I don't know the exact version - you found a workaround - else you need to update to the latest version because we do not offer patches for old versions
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Update to 2017 version is planned for next month.
Thank you for the feedback!