Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RD 2017 Ignoring Credential Setting
I have a folder where I synced connections in my domain. The folder has the Credentials role. I have in 'Default Values' the credentials I want to use for all the objects in that folder. I have single sign on selected.  If I look at any of the servers in the folder, I see that they are inheriting values from the parent folder, and that my credentials are set and single sign on is selected. However, any time I attempt to connect to any of the servers, it attempts to connect with my logged-in user credentials, and not the credentials I specified for the parent folder. What's muddying the waters for me is that, if I select all the objects in the folder, and I look at the credential properties, nothing is defined, and inherited values is not possible. If I change the values there to use my credentials, it does not work. This is very frustrating, as I had an installation of 2015 that was working perfectly, and this 2017 install is proving very troublesome.
Step by step - there are a lot of information so it is difficult to find a solution in a first step.

The functionality in using creds should be the same as in 2015.
What do you mean with "Single Sign On" - the checkbox in Credentials properties - this is a RDP only feature - it ignores your credentials and use RDP-SingleSignOn if it is configured on the destination system...

You also write "select all objects and look at the cred properties" - if you are in "MultiEdit-Mode" you won't see the properties of the existing objects - it's only for multiedit objects
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(02-06-2017, 10:51 AM)DevOma Wrote: Step by step - there are a lot of information so it is difficult to find a solution in a first step.

The functionality in using creds should be the same as in 2015.
What do you mean with "Single Sign On" - the checkbox in Credentials properties - this is a RDP only feature - it ignores your credentials and use RDP-SingleSignOn if it is configured on the destination system...

You also write "select all objects and look at the cred properties" - if you are in "MultiEdit-Mode" you won't see the properties of the existing objects - it's only for multiedit objects

Ahhhh, I see. SSO was the issue, I misunderstood what that was for. This one can be chalked up to user error. Thank you for your assistance!

--Tom