Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up VMware Connection
Hello,

After looking at the latest version's release notes I discovered that I could create a VMware connection to a server's console.  I installed the 32-bit version (previously was using 64-bit) but I don't have the option to create a VMware connection.  What am I missing?

Also, we have a VMware HA (high availability) environment so a server could possibly be located on any host.  Is ASG intelligent enough to communicate with vCenter and connect to the server no matter on what host it's living on?

Being able to connect to a server's console right from ASG would be great.

Thanks,
Steve
You can add a folder and add there role VMware - then you can sync your environment into ASG-RD - on synced objects you can use "Connect to console" via "Administration (VMware)"
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thanks. I was able to add the role to the folder and connect to our vCenter server. It synced all of the servers in their folder structures (I'd like an option to just list all of the servers without folders). I attempted to connect to the console but it requires the installation of the vSphere client. If I have to go that far I may as well just use the vSphere client or continue to log into the vCenter web console like I do now. I'm not sure what benefit ASG is providing.
vSphere Client is needed because we are not allowed to deliver the dll that is needed to connect with our product - but then you can connect as many console sessions within ASG-RD as you want - show these console connections as tab or window, specify creds and so on - sure you also can use Web client, but you also can use mstsc.exe or putty.exe to connect other protocols - ASG-RD combine all these functions / protocols in one UI
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Option for flat sync can be added - I put it on my list...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver