Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unhandled Exception
Sad 
Hello, 

I have recently upgraded to version 10.1.5629.1 (64-bit) and following that upgrade I receive the attached error dialog box pop up during my work quite frequently. Once it occurs I will have to click on "OK" several times in a row to be able to continue.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Any details in error log or windows application event log?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
There are no entries in the Application Event viewer for this application or anything that I can see is related. Can you please let me know where I can find the log files for the application itself? I dont see them in the app directory, but I do see in the options that error logging is enabled.
Administration=>Logs=>ErrorLog
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hello,

same error here.

BUT:
1. It occures since update from 2016 to 2017 Patch 1
2. RDP sessions are ok, only vnc Connections are involved - may be a problem with vnc plugin? - Do you see same behavior?

Our Log gives the following output:

Unhandled Exception
An unhandled error occured in the application. You should restart the application to prevent further problems.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

---------------------------

at PlugInVNC.Controls.VNCClientControl.SetParamsForAxVNCClient(ConnectionParameter connParams, CredentialsParameter credParams)
at PlugInVNC.Controls.VNCClientControl.Connect(ConnectionParameter connParams, CredentialsParameter credParams)
at CloudAdminUI.DockControls.ConnectionControl.Connect(ConnectionParameter connParams)
at CloudAdminCommon.Access.ConnectionManager.Connect(ConnectionParameter connParams, IConnectionDocument& connDoc)
at CloudAdminCommon.Access.ConnectionManager.Connect(ConnectionParameter _connParams, ConnectionOptions options, IConnectionDocument& connDoc)
at CloudAdminCommon.Access.ConnectionManager.Connect(List`1 connIds, ConnectionOptions options)
at CloudAdminCommon.Access.ConnectionManager.Connect(Guid connId)
at CloudAdminCommon.PlugInBase.DoubleClick(Guid itemId, Guid nodeTypeId)
at CloudAdminCommon.Access.PlugInAccessor.ExecuteDoubleClickOnNode(Guid itemId, Guid nodeTypeId)
at CloudAdminConsole.MainForm.advTree1_DoubleClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
at DevComponents.AdvTree.AdvTree.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Hello,

I tested the following - I copied the old PlugInVNC.dll from Version 2016 over the one from 2017 Patch 1 - now the error is gone.

The DLL Version 10.1.5630.1 seems buggy.
The DLL Version 9.0.5385.0 seems ok.

Or does the vnc plugin need special precautions like a vncviewer version?
I don't think that this is the same error - but could you run Components Check? Are you using 32 or 64 bit application - if 64bit you may need to register VNC control in Components Check again...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I've got (almost) the same error;

An unhandled error occured in the application. You should restart the application to prevent further problems.

Unhandled Exception
Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

---------------------------

at PlugInRDP.RDPControl.RdpControl.HandleWindowMessages(Message& m)
at PlugInRDP.Controls.RdpClientControl.HandleWindowMessages(Message& m)
at CloudAdminConsole.MainForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

But in the RDP Plugin.

I use ASG-RD 2017 (patch 1) 10.1.5630.1. x64.
Components check shows that RDP is supported;

RDP:
The installed RDP client is fully supported.
Installed version: 10.0.15063 (NLA supported)

Already tried uninstalling, rebooting and Reset Layout...

Does anyone have a brilliant idea? Thanks...
Ok, it's a complete other issue - but I can see that handling in 64bit app should be adjusted in this function
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
OK... What do you suggest? Use the x86 client?
OS is Windows 10 1703 btw.
Yes please try to use the x86 version until a new patch is available
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
This may sound like a stupid question, but where can we get the x86 installer?
http://forum.asg-rd.com/showthread.php?tid=10406

First link inside this thread
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thanks for the information, Oliver.

However, I installed the x86 version and this did not correct / give me a work around for the issue. Do we have an ETA on when this may be corrected? I have 150 Time Clocks i am having to go back to my old VisionApp 2010 to connect to.
Thanks Oliver,

The x86 bit version works for me. Colleagues of mine do use the x64 bit version and they have no problems. I'm the only one with Windows 10 1703. Maybe there's a problem there.
For now I can work with the x86 version.
Thanks for your help!
Any update on this issue?  I get the error with both the x86 and x64 versions.  I had to go back to the 2016 version, but it doesn't like my 2017 license file.
Unfortunately I can't tell because we are a bit limited right now in the vacation time. But maybe I can help regarding the license ! Normally the 2017 license should work without problems with the 2016 version. If you want you can send the license to me directly and I will check it for you and help you out somehow.

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
(06-07-2017, 04:14 PM)Michael Scholz Wrote: Unfortunately I can't tell because we are a bit limited right now in the vacation time. But maybe I can help regarding the license ! Normally the 2017 license should work without problems with the 2016 version. If you want you can send the license to me directly and I will check it for you and help you out somehow.

Best regards,
Michael

Hi,
we have the same problem now after upgrading from ASG 2016 to 2017 Patch 1.
Windows 10 Enterprise 1511 and 1703

Anything new on this issue ?

Regards
Oliver
New patch version should be available in the next days...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I installed Patch 2 and this is still giving me the unhandled exception error on VNC connections. ASG Remote Desktop 2017 64-bit and Windows 10 1703.