Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug in quick connect?
Hello,
Id say there is a bug in Quick connect. I have all history settings off but this is what Im experiencing.
I connect to a server via Quick connect using one of my credentials.

Then I want to connect to the same server using different credentials, so I press tab from the server name to credentials field, select my other credentials, press Enter and the server is connecting using the previous credentials (remembered ones).

anyone having the same issue?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

No - can't reproduce that - tried a lot of times on different machines - but it is always working as it should
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(23-05-2017, 08:31 AM)gibon Wrote: Hello,
Id say there is a bug in Quick connect. I have all history settings off but this is what Im experiencing.
I connect to a server via Quick connect using one of my credentials.

Then I want to connect to the same server using different credentials, so I press tab from the server name to credentials field, select my other credentials, press Enter and the server is connecting using the previous credentials (remembered ones).

anyone having the same issue?

I've had this issue over the years as well - oddly, it seems better in the last couple of versions, but still happens occasionally.  Given that the source of the issue has never been found, I'm not really sure why the behavior would be changing.  I've never been able to find a way to consistently reproduce it, but it does seem like once it's occurred, it's more likely to recur before you relaunch ASG-RD.

I'm actually going to submit a new post requesting a method to log when credential set was used during connection, and if there is any response from the server we can log, due to another issue I'm having - this would really help debugging my issue, but might be useful in finally locating this "wrong credential" bug.  Maybe it's related to the other one I just posted, which is regarding dramatic delay when selecting a credential set.