Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security Groups View looks strange
Hello,

we work with ASG Remote Desktop 2016 Patch 4 since months.
But now (its new that it changed)  every security group with more than one Active Directory group will be displayed in ASGRD Security group window as often as they contain groups.

f.ex.

Security Group:
Administrators:
                      AD\ Group1
Administrators:
                      AD\ Group2
Administrators:
                      AD\ Group3
Connections-SecGroup1:
                      AD\ Connections-SecGroupA
Connections-SecGroup1:
                      AD\ Connections-SecGroupB

Greetings
Sandra
Hi Sandra,

Ok - never heard this before - did you have this issue perhaps after an import of data? Can you have a look into the database tables directly to see if the entries of the groups are listed also more than once?

Table - SecurityGroups
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(08-06-2017, 11:24 AM)DevOma Wrote: Hi Sandra,

Ok - never heard this before - did you have this issue perhaps after an import of data? Can you have a look into the database tables directly to see if the entries of the groups are listed also more than once?

Table - SecurityGroups

Hi Oliver,

no, only manual entries/changes.
I looked into the table and all security groups are once.

Greetings
Sandra
I have no idea how this could happen - if you try to assign a security group on any object are the security groups shown correctly? Perhaps you should try to "Reset layout" and/or delete your profile.xml file (or just rename it so you are able to restore if it does not help)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi Oliver,

no also in the window "Assign security Group" they will shown multiple.

Reset Layout don`t work. Because my colleagues has the same issue with the same security groups.

Here is an screenshot.

Greetings,
Sandra

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Are you allowed to send me a SQL backup of your database for analyzing? Or perhaps only a csv-export of the two tables "SecurityGroups" and "SecurityGroupUsers"? You could send it to asg.rd@asg.com (add a link to this thread) - if you don't want to see me your assigned domains / users you can pre-edit it in Excel - but I want to import the data into a test database (names are not from interest for me)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I got your data - imported it to a test database - everything looks like it should - really strange behavior - I have no idea what we could check else...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Maybe the problem is another table? Or maybe a configuration file?
Could you try to login with another user who also have Administrator role? Just to see if it a general problem or user related...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
We did. It`s also with an other Administrator user.

Greetings Sandra
Hi Sandra,

thanks for your feedback ! We will have a look at it but we are a bit limited right now because of the holiday "problem". We have to find a way to reproduce the effect ..but it seems my colleague can't reproduce.
And without that we are very limited in our options. So we will try again and post any news here as soon as possible !

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
Currently I have no idea what to check else - next step could only be a debug version with some special output - try to implement some output for the next patch...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi Oliver,

please don`t forget the extra debug implementation in the next patch ;-)

Sandra
Cool
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi Sandra,

with the newest patch you can use command line "/trace:<filename>" to report some more details in Security Administration - I think there is something wrong with sorting - to verify that we implemented some trace info...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Sie haben Post ;-)
Kann bisher keine Nachricht finden :-(
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
an: 'asg.rd@asg.com' Betreff:AW: Dateien zu Forumeintrag - Security Groups looks strange 10:44 Uhr
Hm, vielleicht kommt es noch - ist seit 11.00h keine Nachricht mehr eingegangen - irgendwas hakt heute
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Ist bisher nichts angekommen - bitte nochmal versuchen :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver