Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very slow response when changing credentials from ad-hoc
At first I thought this was a one-off problem with my install, but I've seen it now on 3 separate computers that I have used ASG-RD on.

When I launch the dialog for an ad-hoc connection, type in the hostname, then hit the dropdown to choose an alternate credential set, when I click the credential I want to use, the product hangs - sometimes it's very quick and hardly noticeable, other times it is 20-30 seconds before the selection completes and you are able to proceed.
I checked the code and the only thing that happens is to check the selected item - is it a credential or a folder - and therefore enable the selection or not

Any details - do you have the QuickConnect docked or in free float? Is it happening with all creds or only with some like in a folder structure on a specific folder level or something else?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(09-06-2017, 09:43 AM)DevOma Wrote: I checked the code and the only thing that happens is to check the selected item - is it a credential or a folder - and therefore enable the selection or not

Any details - do you have the QuickConnect docked or in free float? Is it happening with all creds or only with some like in a folder structure on a specific folder level or something else?

The quick-connect is free float, and it doesn't seem to matter which of my creds I select.  I am in local, not database, mode.  There is no folder structure in my creds, completely flat.  My machine is a 2 year old i7 with SSD drive so performance is not an issue.
I don't think that this has todo with the performance of your client.
I guess you are using local file mode - one guess is that you have a large environment file (perhaps logging is active?) and search for the item took a long time - but normally this should be cached and so the response time should be in milliseconds...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(12-06-2017, 11:21 AM)DevOma Wrote: I don't think that this has todo with the performance of your client.
I guess you are using local file mode - one guess is that you have a large environment file (perhaps logging is active?) and search for the item took a long time - but normally this should be cached and so the response time should be in milliseconds...

I only have 12 credentials, so I don't think size is an issue.
At the moment I have no idea what we could check - did you try to create a new environment - perhaps export your data, import into new environment and try again?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(13-06-2017, 01:34 PM)DevOma Wrote: At the moment I have no idea what we could check - did you try to create a new environment - perhaps export your data, import into new environment and try again?

This has happened with my last 3 fresh machine builds, 2 of which were new environments.  If there's any kind of tracing/debugging to turn on, I'm happy to do it.  I tried a procmon but it didn't reveal any unusual activity.