Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save environment file failed
Hello,

Running ASG-RD 2017 (10.1.5630.1) -- I am moving all my connections from a eval/xml environment. Over to a licensed/SQL environment. I was able to do this on the SQL server itself because of the errors I am having on my local machine. So everything has been imported from the exported rde file, and licensed. 

See attached - When trying to make a new environment on my local machine. To point to an existing DB and on the last step, I get the error that I have attached. If I OK through it and try to create again, ASGRD.exe crashes in blaze of glory. See below for errors in event viewer.

Any input as to why would be very helpful. Thanks!

Win App Logs following the crash.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        .NET Runtime
Date:          6/9/2017 2:51:05 PM
Event ID:      1026
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      XXX
Description:
Application: ASGRD.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
   at CloudAdminConsole.Program.GlobalExceptionHandler(System.Exception)
   at CloudAdminConsole.Program.Application_ThreadException(System.Object, System.Threading.ThreadExceptionEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.OnThreadException(System.Exception)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(System.Exception)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(System.Exception)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunDialog(System.Windows.Forms.Form)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(System.Windows.Forms.IWin32Window)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog()
   at CloudAdminConsole.Helper.EnvironmentLogin.Login(Boolean, CloudAdminCommon.Helper.CmdLineArguments)
   at CloudAdminConsole.Program.Main(System.String[])

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-06-09T19:51:05.266593100Z" />
    <EventRecordID>13283</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>XXX</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Application: ASGRD.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
   at CloudAdminConsole.Program.GlobalExceptionHandler(System.Exception)
   at CloudAdminConsole.Program.Application_ThreadException(System.Object, System.Threading.ThreadExceptionEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.OnThreadException(System.Exception)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(System.Exception)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(System.Exception)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunDialog(System.Windows.Forms.Form)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(System.Windows.Forms.IWin32Window)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog()
   at CloudAdminConsole.Helper.EnvironmentLogin.Login(Boolean, CloudAdminCommon.Helper.CmdLineArguments)
   at CloudAdminConsole.Program.Main(System.String[])

</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Second entry:
Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          6/9/2017 2:51:05 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      XXX
Description:
Faulting application name: ASGRD.exe, version: 10.1.5630.1, time stamp: 0x59307370
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.1198, time stamp: 0x5902845a
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000da9f2
Faulting process id: 0x26fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2e159980bae32
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASG-Remote Desktop 2017\ASGRD.exe
Faulting module path: C:\windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: f2999b10-c419-4cb9-bfa7-bf436ac3ff73
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-06-09T19:51:05.417131300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>13284</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>XXX</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>ASGRD.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.1.5630.1</Data>
    <Data>59307370</Data>
    <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.14393.1198</Data>
    <Data>5902845a</Data>
    <Data>e0434352</Data>
    <Data>000da9f2</Data>
    <Data>26fc</Data>
    <Data>01d2e159980bae32</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\ASG-Remote Desktop 2017\ASGRD.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
    <Data>f2999b10-c419-4cb9-bfa7-bf436ac3ff73</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You are using the latest version - can you ensure that you install the 32bit app and not the 64bit app in the 32bit directory? From error code it seems to be the login to the newly created environment that crashes - can you still connect to any other environment? Did you try to create a second new environment from your client? And which problems did you have as you tried to import your rde-file into the newly created database on your client?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thanks for the reply.

Well, when you go to download ASG-RD page. You really don't have a choice to pick 32 or 64 bit. Your choice is with or with out SQL express bundled with it. I picked of course the one without. Which downloads ASGRD_latest.zip file. So I'm not sure which is it because I do not see any indication which flavor it is. Not even in Help->About.

I took defaults when installing, so it is in Program Files (x86) directory.

I can still connect to my local xml file that is password protected just fine.

Yes I get the crash when trying to create the second environment on my local machine. I did not have this problem when trying to install it on the SQL server (just for testing this).

I did not have any troubles moving anything around. I exported my local xml to a rde file. Copied that over to the SQL server that I created the newly SQL back-end environment. Started that up, and imported the rde file just fine. I can't create the environment on my client install to even import.

Thanks,
Dirte
In the thread for the latest version there is a 64bit download link - but you have installed 32bit app - I could reproduce the issue using 64bit version - but we have to take a deeper look - we will answer as far as we know what is going on...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Sorry about that. I should of tested that first.

Well good news. I was able to save a new environment with the x64 client on my machine. Connect in, imported rde file, connected to servers just fine. Besides changing bit levels, that's really what did it. Is there anything you need from me to help you troubleshoot?

Lastly, anyone else that is trying to connect into this environment. Just need to have the same info I used to connect into it. They should be able to see all of the public connections/creds, correct?
Yes, they just need to connect the database - all public objects can be used by all users until you active permissions :-) Private objects can be used only by the creator of the object...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver