Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Move Private credentials to new user after domain change
Hi,

We recently had to change our domain hence the SID of the users is also changed...
Is there a way to "transfer" the private credentials from user1@olddomain.com to user1@newdomain.com

Thanks in advance
Filip Heens
Hi,

the best way to migrate from one domain to a new one is that a user logon with old account - then choose "Environment=>Protection Mode" - choose Username/Password - creds will be moved to this "non domain user" - then you can login with your new domain account - and choose so switch back to "Windows account"
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(09-08-2017, 09:08 AM)DevOma Wrote: Hi,

the best way to migrate from one domain to a new one is that a user logon with old account - then choose "Environment=>Protection Mode" - choose Username/Password - creds will be moved to this "non domain user" - then you can login with your new domain account - and choose so switch back to "Windows account"

Hi Oliver,

I don't have the optionĀ Environment=>Protection Mode
I only have the options seen in the attachment...

Anything I miss?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sorry, my mistake - yes that's the right option you need - just switch to "internal user", then you are able to migrate the creds to your new windows account
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(09-08-2017, 11:23 AM)DevOma Wrote: Sorry, my mistake - yes that's the right option you need - just switch to "internal user", then you are able to migrate the creds to your new windows account

Didn't work Sad could no longer login into the DB...
So I just did an export, and then import.. that also worked :D