Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unhandled Exception On Launch After Import
ASG Remote Desktop 2016.  ASGRD.exe Version 9.0.5266.1 on Windows 10

I did a synch with no overwrite import of an rde file.  It resulted with (and now on every launch of the program) an "Unhandled Exeption  An unhandled error occurred in the application.  You should restart the application to prevent further problems."  The program then hangs.  Dead in the water contemplating a 2017 upgrade.

Application Event Log shows:

Log Name:  Application
Source:       ASGRD
Event ID:     0
Level:          Error
User:           N/A

Unhandled Exception
An unhandled error occured in the application. You should restart the application to prevent further problems.
Unhandled Exception
An unhandled error occured in the application. You should restart the application to prevent further problems.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
---------------------------
   at CloudAdminCommon.Helper.TreeBuilder.CreateNodeFromBaseItem(IBaseItem item, Guid onlyNodeTypeId, SuperTooltip superTooltip, Int32 imageSize)
   at CloudAdminCommon.Helper.TreeBuilder.CreateNodeFromBaseItem(IBaseItem item, SuperTooltip superTooltip, Int32 imageSize)
   at CloudAdminCommon.Helper.TreeBuilder.CreateRootNodes(List`1 list, AdvTree tree, SuperTooltip superTooltip, Int32 imageSize)
   at CloudAdminConsole.MainForm.BuildNavigationTree(Boolean refreshOnly)
   at CloudAdminConsole.MainForm.RefreshTree()
   at CloudAdminUI.Dialogs.ImportWizard.wizardImport_FinishButtonClick(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
   at DevComponents.DotNetBar.Wizard.OnFinishButtonClick(CancelEventArgs e)
   at DevComponents.DotNetBar.Wizard.NavigateFinish()
   at DevComponents.DotNetBar.Wizard.ⱆ(Object ط, EventArgs ظ)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at DevComponents.DotNetBar.ButtonX.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at DevComponents.DotNetBar.ButtonX.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at DevComponents.DotNetBar.PopupItemControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Are you using a file or database? I think this issue is already fixed in version 2017 - you can try to send me your data source (file or db backup) to asg.rd@asg.com and I will have a look if I can find the item that causes the error...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I'm using a File environment repository.  I have been buzzing along with no problem, launched ASGRD yesterday, and got an unhandled exception.  Rebooted, no improvement.  Did a reinstall.  It launched ok.  It worked fine all day yesterday.

My workstation patched with current MS patches last night, launched ASGRD this am, and it prompted the Patch 1 update was available.  I downloaded the ASG update and installed it, and am getting the unhandled exception again.  Tried reinstalling, but it won't run without the exception.

After it throws the exception window, if you acknowledge it, the app stays up with all menus greyed out, and a spinning cursor.  

Unhandled Exception

Unhandled Exception

Unable to sort because the IComparer.Compare() method returns inconsistent results. Either a value does not compare equal to itself, or one value repeatedly compared to another value yields different results. IComparer: 'System.Collections.Generic.ObjectComparer`1[CloudAdminAPI.Interfaces.IBaseItem]'.

---------------------------

at System.Collections.Generic.IntrospectiveSortUtilities.ThrowOrIgnoreBadComparer(Object comparer)

at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort(T[] keys, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)

at System.Array.Sort[T](T[] array, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Sort(Int32 index, Int32 count, IComparer`1 comparer)

at CloudAdminDataAccess.FileDataAccessor.BaseItemGetAll(Guid userId)

at CloudAdminCommon.Access.DataAccessor.GetRootItems(Int32 treeNum)

at CloudAdminConsole.MainForm.BuildNavigationTree(Boolean refreshOnly)

at CloudAdminConsole.MainForm.backgroundWorkerInitEnvironment_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
Really strange error - can you send your settings file to asg.rd@asg.com (add a link to this thread) - I would like to see if I can reproduce with a debug version...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(03-08-2017, 09:22 AM)DevOma Wrote: Really strange error - can you send your settings file to asg.rd@asg.com (add a link to this thread) - I would like to see if I can reproduce with a debug version...

I've emailed you the file, thanks.
(03-08-2017, 07:08 PM)kgouldsk Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 09:22 AM)DevOma Wrote: Really strange error - can you send your settings file to asg.rd@asg.com (add a link to this thread) - I would like to see if I can reproduce with a debug version...

I've emailed you the file, thanks.

Thank you, it works.  As in my reply via email, but repeated here in case anyone else experiences this, I would like to know if I triggered this in some way I can avoid, or if you see something in your code that can be updated to prevent recurrence - apparently to do with object sorting.

Is this applicable?
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStud...-5-release
We now ignore this error if it would occur again - make no sense at this code location...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Regarding your question "passwords are lost" - I didn't change any data so I thought you could use your passwords again but I'm not 100% sure - I can't read them but the file was saved again after the "ignored sorting"...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver