Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another request for %NAME% support in a field
Can you add support for translation of %NAME% in Connection\Connection\Destination field?

As you go along, it might be advantageous to just support variables in all fields (even though many are silly), as a universal practice.  That way we aren't individually requesting.  That may be an unreasonable request.

[Image: to1wi]
Can you explain me why you want to use %NAME% in Destination-Field? Destination-Field itself can be used as %COMPUTERNAME%
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(21-07-2017, 09:37 AM)DevOma Wrote: Can you explain me why you want to use %NAME% in Destination-Field? Destination-Field itself can be used as %COMPUTERNAME%

Sure.

%COMPUTERNAME% subs the value of the Destination-Field - the reverse of what I want.  I like to be able to just copy a computer object and rename it, and have it point to the newly renamed destination.  That way I don't have to go in and edit properties and get to the destination field.  It's simple for me to engage in some effort of troubleshooting a new application involving 5-6 servers.  I create a folder, paste a generic connection object 6 times, use F2 to rename each object as required, and I'm ready to go.  As is, I need to right click, properties, destination field and edit each one.  There can also be a mismatch between it's visual name and the destination (such as my own case, where the destination can be a CyberArk PSM server or cluster, but the name is the endpoint we are passing through to), but in some cases they need to match.

My generic object could also have %NAME%.mydomain.com in the case I needed to fully qualify to get to a domain not in my search list. but keep the name concise.

Just as another idea, a variable of %PARENTFOLDER% would let us create a folder with a domain name, then we could put %NAME%.%PARENTFOLDER% in the destination field, and an object becomes generic to move amongst domain-named folders.  I'm sure there are other uses for this in the Programs field as well, such as turning this Programs field entry:

psm /u MyCyberArk@mydomain.loc /a %NAME% /c PSM-RDP
into
psm /u MyCyberArk@mydomain.loc /a %NAME% /c %PARENTFOLDER%

I know I'm leaping way outside the scope of the original request here, but since you're reading.....another idea, which could even supplant the ask for %PARENTFOLDER%.

Add custom fields attributes of folders.  Either an arbitrary number of them, 5 or 10. Or let people add a list.  Through the folder structure, if a child folder doesn't override it, the value from the parent is inherited.

psm /u %Custom1% /a %NAME% /c %PARENTFOLDER% 

Now this is a generic object you can put into a folder named PSM-RDP or PSM-VNC or PSM-SSH, and the credential inside CyberArk that you reference will be indicated in the custom variable.  

Thank you for all the time you spend on people's many feature requests.
Shy 
A field for TeamViewer ID would be nice too