Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
automatic export ASG RD database
Hello together

We use ASG RemoteDesktop 2016 version 9.0.5385.0 in our company.

We've one Windows 2008 database server(server A) with the ASG RD database on it.
All Clients with ASG RD installed connect to this database and from there to the servers.

Now I want an automatically backup of the ASG database to another server(server B),
in the case that server A isn’t reachable. 
On server A runs a MS SQL database and we’ve planned to install a SQL express database on server B.

Now my question.
Has ASG an option for the automatic export and import of the database, so that I can make a script for it?
Even better an option for an automatic export and import from server A to server B, so that a script isn't necessary?

Thanks for you posts and help Smile

Regards
Mario
Hi Mario,

Thanks for your question ! Right now we don't have an integrated backup or export for the database. If you want to do a backup on the database side then you have to do it with SQL-Tools. However we provide an export of all data into a local backup and these settings could be imported into a new empty database of the same type. Also we have customers using an SQL-Cluster with redundant SQL instances. Since we provide powershell it should also be possible to use this for an automatic backup. Please visit this thread to see how:
http://forum.asg-rd.com/showthread.php?t...for+backup

Hope that helps,

best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
(20-07-2017, 01:15 PM)Michael Scholz Wrote: Hi Mario,

Thanks for your question !  Right now we don't have an integrated backup or export for the database. If you want to do a backup on the database side then you have to do it with SQL-Tools. However we provide an export of all data into a local backup and these settings could be imported into a new empty database of the same type. Also we have customers using an SQL-Cluster with redundant SQL instances. Since we provide powershell it should also be possible to use this for an automatic backup. Please visit this thread to see how:
http://forum.asg-rd.com/showthread.php?tid=10147&highlight=powershell+for+backup

Hope that helps,

best regards,
Michael

Hi Michael

Thank you for your reply.

Ok, in this case I'll try to make a sql backup script like Razor did it.

Regards
Mario