Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RD features for Linux login
Hello, 

We are using RD to centralize and audit login to Windows systems. Now, we are thinking about use this tool to achieve more control to unix/Linux system's login. We have some doubts that we need to solve to decide if RD is the best choice for our purposes:

- Are there any installation package / portable for linux Operating System?
- Can we manage certificated based access as the same way we use ASG with passwd accesses?
- Are there any way to configure ssh access with Active Directory users?
- Can we configured ssh access with no credential (so that we have to introduce credential by hand each time we need to access to the server?
- Can we preconfigured scripts to execute in the ssh session?

Regards, 

Manuel
Hi Manuel,

many questions and I try to answer as most as I can:

- We have no installation packages for linux since ASG-RD is only availabale as a Windows application. For Windows ASG-RD could be used in
portable mode also
- Certificate based access on linux systems is possible by using the integrated putty/poderosa client on which the ssh access by certificat could
be configured.
- What do you mean with ssh access with Active Directory Users ? You mean a user is authenticated with his AD-Account on ASG-RD and uses
an SSH connection to a linux host ? That should be fine.
- If you configure plain ssh access over ASG-RD then without using putty or using the credential-role then you have to enter credentials
manual.
- If using putty to configure the ssh session you can use all features that putty is capable of. And I think putty can execute a remote
command(s) in the ssh options.

Hope that helps,

best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
[quote pid='47156' dateline='1502095228']

Thanks for the reply Michael, 

We have integrated our Linux login with an AD. After be autenticated in ASG-RD, we could login to a Linux server witout enter the same credentials as we enter to access to RD, or we need to autenticate to the Linux server again.
[/quote]
Thanks Manuel,

for clarification. Unfortunately I have no experience with Linux AD integration but for my understanding there are different methods realizing that ( Kerberos/ Ldap / Winbind). But since you have already done that what exactly is the question ? If you are logged on to ASG-RD you can - depending on your user/ group-rights - create ssh connections using built in putty and have all the freedom using it's features.

best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --